The Student Room Group

A2 Citizenship.

Right now i've just finished my AS' in Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths (Citizenship too, it's compulsory in our school for AS) and have decided i'm dropping biology because i can't stand it.

Obviously i'm going to be taking the other 3 through to A2, but i'm just wondering whether it would do any harm to take citizenship too? I scraped an A on 1 lesson a week for unit 1 and am expecting similar for unit 2, so basically i'm asking if good universities would take any notice of it. One of my maths teachers has told me that they think it's a good idea as it would make me look "more well rounded" and in his words "less of an uber-geek". So yeah, just wanting some opinions on whether or not it's a waste of time?

Thanks.:smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Try
Right now i've just finished my AS' in Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths (Citizenship too, it's compulsory in our school for AS) and have decided i'm dropping biology because i can't stand it.

Obviously i'm going to be taking the other 3 through to A2, but i'm just wondering whether it would do any harm to take citizenship too? I scraped an A on 1 lesson a week for unit 1 and am expecting similar for unit 2, so basically i'm asking if good universities would take any notice of it. One of my maths teachers has told me that they think it's a good idea as it would make me look "more well rounded" and in his words "less of an uber-geek". So yeah, just wanting some opinions on whether or not it's a waste of time?

Thanks.:smile:

To be honest, yes, I think it is a waste of time, especially if it is compulsory. Citizenship is basically 'life 101 for idiots'. It's irrelevant and any good university will take no note of it. It's just like having a journalism degree to prove you can write - pointless and stupid.

If you're good at Citizenship and enjoy it I can suggest you also pick up AS Politics? That really is something unis will take notice of and if you found Citizenship easy / interesting then there could be a good chance of you getting a reasonable grade in Politics. Seeing as how highly unis place that subject it certainly wouldn't be a waste of time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending