The Student Room Group

[Solved] Changing Details After Being Approved.

I did a stupid thing. I made a change to my application online for the loan amount because I got less grant than I thought I was going to get, Now it has gone from approved to "Your application is processing" Have I just managed to delay my application so long that I will not be able to get ANY finance now? Please help!
(edited 12 years ago)
You will be able to get finance, even if its delayed, you will get it. Was it a major change? If it means you have to send in more evidence then its quite likely to delay it, but if they're ok with just increasing it to the full loan amount then it shouldn't be too bad. Unfortunatly, it's really hard to tell!
Reply 2
The change was from 2500 to 3500 on the maintenance loan, I got scared and tried to change it back to 2500 but I don't know what to do now, Is it best I call them?
Reply 3
I called student finance and for reference this is what they told me happens if you change ANY detail on your account.

"When you change your application after it has been approved, the changes get 'processed' and verified, Because you already have been income assessed etc, You do not need to send any new declarations or evidence in unless required (Very rare). Once it has been processed we will send a new summary page to you, detailing, for example, your new loan amount and that is all. It will not delay your application nor will it mean that you will get no student finance."

This helped me, If anyone else has the same problem, There's your answer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending