The Student Room Group

I hate it when I see people wearing the same clothes as me, anyone else get that?

I know it's kind of impossible to not see a random stranger wearing the same item as clothing as you, but It gets annoying when you see it more than once. There's no way to be unique any more, is there?

Scroll to see replies

I don't mind if it's the same jeans or anything, but tops I don't like when other people wear them. I have a top which I bought from New Look, and then was wearing it at the same time as a little old lady who must have been about 80. It was cringy. She wanted a photo and I was like.. umm.. no!
Not 100% unique, no... unless you get your clothes tailor made and patented! But I think what's more important is the way you wear your clothes, not necessarily what the clothes actually are.
Reply 3
Stop buying hollister then.
Reply 4
I hate it too, but then again, if you are gonna be a nudist...
Reply 5
I don't mind, I like to see what they wear it with to give me some ideas :smile:.
Reply 6
Once someone wearing the same coat sat next to me on the bus :nooo: I bet we looked ridiculous.
I don't like it either, but it doesn't happen to me often. :h:
Reply 8
Simple: don't buy your clothes from the same crappy high street outlets as everyone else.
Reply 9
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox

Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
I don't mind if it's the same jeans or anything, but tops I don't like when other people wear them. I have a top which I bought from New Look, and then was wearing it at the same time as a little old lady who must have been about 80. It was cringy. She wanted a photo and I was like.. umm.. no!

Ooooh, that must of been awkward lol, especially an old lady! I saw a chav/loud mouth rude boy wearing the same hoody as me the other day. Sometimes if I see someone wearing the same top or something, I'll comment and say "You got good taste!" with a smile. After all, I guess there isn't much I can do. It's just annoying lol.
Reply 10
What does it matter if you're unique in how you dress or not? Surely it's more satisfactory to feel unique as what you are as a person rather than simply how you dress.

Besides, we are all unimportant and not unique, I personally think this is important to get to grips with. I don't mean that in a patronising way or whatever but it's actually quite liberating once fully realised and things like this are no longer an annoyance.
Reply 11
Original post by py0alb

Original post by py0alb
Simple: don't buy your clothes from the same crappy high street outlets as everyone else.

Okay, but where do you suggest I shop? Because I am unemployed, so I can't shop in expensive stores. Also, I don't like spending £50/60 on a shirt or jeans.
Reply 12
It doesn't usually happen but there have been times when I've seen an 8 year old (well looks about that age) wearing a coat that I've got (but then I suppose thats what you get when you buy kids clothes sometimes). Thats a bit more embarrasing.
Reply 13
Original post by Azteca
Okay, but where do you suggest I shop? Because I am unemployed, so I can't shop in expensive stores. Also, I don't like spending £50/60 on a shirt or jeans.

Tescos, Matalan, Charlies, independent shops, charity shops, the local market, band/festival t-shirts, various club stash (I have an entire wardrobe of club stash)

I also buy a lot of clothes from the US/Canada, but unless you're going over there anyway, that's not exactly a cheap option.
Reply 14
Hahaha the best is when it's a really posh girl/guy who obviously think they look like they have designer clothes, but you know it's from Primark.

I had once guy wince at me once because he was kitted out in designers, apart from his shoes....which were clearly from Primarni :P
No because I don't buy from cheapo places darling.
Make your own clothes out of curtains and bedsheets, and staple a bit of plastic to your head. You'll be unique and the talk of the town.
Reply 17
I don't wear clothes, so I'm happy when that happens.
Stop wearing Supergay, Hollister A&F and all that crap
Hah i remember it was non uniform day at school and there was a teacher wearing the same dress as me. Not one of my teachers, never had her... but I saw her round school all day that day haha.

I'm kinda worried i'm gonna go to my aunts graduation and see the population of dundee wearing the dress i'm gonna wear haha.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending