The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Accepting accommodation for University of Manchester

Just wondering, does the credit/debit card need to be the one that will be used to get the money from the bank account to pay the installments? Or can it be a different one?

Thanks for any help.
Reply 1
It can be a different one. Setting up your Direct Debit is a separate process, but the Direct Debit must be set up at the same time you accept your offer and settle the prepayment.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
It can be a different one. And you don't have to worry about setting up the direct debit until you get there; you just need to make sure it's done in time for the first payment date. All the paperwork and things you need to fill in will be at your halls' reception.
Reply 3
Original post by Benten10X
It can be a different one. Setting up your Direct Debit is a separate process, but the Direct Debit must be set up at the same time you accept your offer and settle the prepayment.

Original post by llama-beans
It can be a different one. And you don't have to worry about setting up the direct debit until you get there; you just need to make sure it's done in time for the first payment date. All the paperwork and things you need to fill in will be at your halls' reception.

Thanks for your replies. However, one says I need to set up the direct debit when accepting the offer (I presume paying the prepayment is accepting it?) And the other post says I don't need to do it until I get there? I(s there a way to get around it on the website or something?

Cheers
Original post by Peteo
Thanks for your replies. However, one says I need to set up the direct debit when accepting the offer (I presume paying the prepayment is accepting it?) And the other post says I don't need to do it until I get there? I(s there a way to get around it on the website or something?

Cheers

I don't remember what the site looks like, but you don't have to do it when you pay the deposit. You might just have to close the window or something, but I definitely didn't do anything more than pay the deposit when I accepted my offer.
They were a bit useless at explaining it when I got to my halls; there's just a form you have to fill in in time for the first payment date.
Reply 5
Okay, this may be so. But they did say to accept it all in one go, and I didn't want to find out what would happen if I didn't adhere to that. It might not be referring to the Direct Debit mandate in this case.
(edited 12 years ago)
Have some people already got their accommodation allocated to them?
Original post by TheMeister
Have some people already got their accommodation allocated to them?

People with unconditional offers (gap year etc) will be receiving accommodation offers around this time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending