The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Can you work towards 2 degrees at the same time?

For example, can you do 90 points towards a Natural Sciences degree and 60 towards a Psychology degree, so that by the time I have achieved the Nat Sci degree, the Psychology degree isn't too far off?

I'm not working full time and will have a lot of spare time.
Reply 1
Original post by spamking
For example, can you do 90 points towards a Natural Sciences degree and 60 towards a Psychology degree, so that by the time I have achieved the Nat Sci degree, the Psychology degree isn't too far off?

I suppose you could, but you'd have to be careful not to run out of funding unless you're paying yourself.

The maximum is also 135 credits per year with a maximum overlap of one month if you exceed 120 points iirc.

I would seriously consider starting with just one though, as I think at level 1 this may be possible, but at level 2 and above if you want strong results, it'll be like two full time jobs. (It would be for me anyway).
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Original post by spamking

You can do two degrees at once, but only get funding for one as far as I'm aware, correct me if I'm wrong. :smile:
Reply 3
Well, all of my modules seem to automatically link themselves to the Open Degree qualification as well as the BSc (Hons) Computing & IT that I'm actually aiming for...so yeah, I guess you can.

Quick Reply

Latest