The Student Room Group

TSR Poker Society

Scroll to see replies

i wouldnt mind joining the poker soc. I've only with my mates and on *********.com but im up about £10,000 on play money which i figure ain't too bad.
:rofl: is that because of my avatar? which is not me but Steven Page :rolleyes:
:rofl: just seen the funniest thing ever! :biggrin:

i had A7 of diamonds in the blind.

someone limped in with K4 on the button.

flop came

K47 with 1 diamond

he checks, i check

then a 3 of diamonds comes

he checks, i check

then a 5 of diamonds :rofl:

he goes all in, i call :biggrin: serves him right for slow playing :biggrin:
oh my god!

just had 69 in big blind, 6 limpers.

caught a nine high straight on the flop :eek:

bet and got 4 to fold. Other 2 had incomplete straights, needing a 9 to make a nine high straight. Nine comes on the river :mad: I end up sharing out a pot worth 80k between 2 other people :frown:
Reply 165
saiyamana
oh my god!

just had 69 in big blind, 6 limpers.

caught a nine high straight on the flop :eek:

bet and got 4 to fold. Other 2 had incomplete straights, needing a 9 to make a nine high straight. Nine comes on the river :mad: I end up sharing out a pot worth 80k between 2 other people :frown:

saiyamana

just seen the funniest thing ever!

i had A7 of diamonds in the blind.

someone limped in with K4 on the button.

flop came

K47 with 1 diamond

he checks, i check

then a 3 of diamonds comes

he checks, i check

then a 5 of diamonds

he goes all in, i call serves him right for slow playing

Sai is there something about you that we should know? :p: people will soon be accusing you of rigging games!

I have a habbit of winning big HU pots with the likes of A2/A3 by catching a miracle straight on the river.... i love rag aces :smile:

oh yer - BNL, woops!! :redface: :redface:
qpwoei
Sai is there something about you that we should know? :p: people will soon be accusing you of rigging games!

I have a habbit of winning big HU pots with the likes of A2/A3 by catching a miracle straight on the river.... i love rag aces :smile:

oh yer - BNL, woops!! :redface: :redface:
he he he

well the way i see it is if many people have limped in (who were tight passive) or even if they raised and got a lot of callers (tight aggressive Vs tight passive) then it is possible to play some terrible hands and catch a flop.

Considering a tight player may play hands like AJ, AK, AQ, QJ, KQ, JT, and high hairs, but not always low pairs <8's, then it is more likely they have face cards, therefore the chances of rags coming is greater, and so you have a better chance of hitting and taking down a big pot :smile:. It's my favourite kind of play :biggrin: if you miss the flop, simply fold and save your chips. If you hit, you win a large pot :smile:

--------------

:hmpf: i look nothing like steven page :p:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=22362

thats me :eek:
i'd love to join the TSR poker Soceity.

Err...kinda loserish but i've been playing for the last 3 1/2 years, very long story including a mad physicist. Anyways, i love the game, and now we actually use chips to bet with instead of..erm...*cough*monopoly money*cough*

Best hand I ever had and no i didn't cheat was 4 Aces :biggrin: damn...i remember the day...
Reply 168
burned_out_58
i'd love to join the TSR poker Soceity.

Welcome :smile: :shakehand
burned_out_58
Err...kinda loserish but

NEVER!!! Poker = cool :cool:
burned_out_58
i've been playing for the last 3 1/2 years, very long story including a mad physicist.

I'm listening... :biggrin:
burned_out_58
Anyways, i love the game, and now we actually use chips to bet with instead of..erm...*cough*:hahaha: monopoly money*cough*
Strange, the oposite is happening to me - first it was pennies :redface: then chips :smile: and now im wondering whether notes would be better! Chips are great to play with. They also taste good - well my chocolate chips i got for xmas do :p: :biggrin: ummmmmmmmm
burned_out_58
Best hand I ever had and no i didn't cheat was 4 Aces :biggrin: damn...i remember the day...
Very nice hand. Even better if you hold 2 of the aces, then you reveal one, pause, and then the other :champ:
burned_out_58
qpwoei
Welcome :smile: :shakehand

NEVER!!! Poker = cool :cool:

I'm listening... :biggrin:
Strange, the oposite is happening to me - first it was pennies :redface: then chips :smile: and now im wondering whether notes would be better! Chips are great to play with. They also taste good - well my chocolate chips i got for xmas do :p: :biggrin: ummmmmmmmm
Very nice hand. Even better if you hold 2 of the aces, then you reveal one, pause, and then the other :champ:

Woo YAY thanks

The mad physics teacher taught me and my best friend how to play 'poker' during year 10 at the end of a lesson. Not sure how it all came about...but...he kinda muddled up the game, but we felt hella cool for knowing, so we played what we now call, 'polish poker' for a few months. Rules included taking out 1/2 the pack to make it easier to get the higher cards, having 5 cards each and have 3 goes to switch cards. And a very odd style to betting. Then we learnt the REAL way to play, but...Texas Hold 'Em beats them all.

I now have my own Texas Hold 'Em set, with the chips, really fun! :biggrin: i loves it!

I need to play more, especially with people that CAN actually play...lol
:rofl: what a hand iwas just in before.

68 offsuit, raised on the blind :eek: 4 callers

at this point i was saying out loud, 'ooh i wonder if my 68 offsuit is any good?'

flope comes 682, and i just burst out laughing, kept shouting that i had just made 2 pair.
i check, the guy on the button goes all in (no flush draws), so i call, and he turns over a pair of 4's :rofl: what a guy! HE kinda nearly broke the table when i flipped over 68 :rofl:

welcome burned out :hello:
Reply 171
saiyamana
:rofl: what a hand iwas just in before.

68 offsuit, raised on the blind :eek: 4 callers

at this point i was saying out loud, 'ooh i wonder if my 68 offsuit is any good?'

flope comes 682, and i just burst out laughing, kept shouting that i had just made 2 pair.
i check, the guy on the button goes all in (no flush draws), so i call, and he turns over a pair of 4's :rofl: what a guy! HE kinda nearly broke the table when i flipped over 68 :rofl:
welcome burned out :hello:

Just had the worst player at my table in a $10 rebuy tourny...
1st level, 1500 chips, blinds 10/20
I have AA :cool:
3 limpers, I raise to 180. Guess what, 3 callers... ><)))'> ><)))'> ><)))'>
Flop: K 8 2
They all check to me, I go all in (1000 chips, pot is about 600)
All fold except one nutter who calls with 9 10 (most of his stack) :confused: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Thats the easiest double-up i think i've ever had!
I'll let you know when I win the $450 top prize :rolleyes:
qpwoei
Just had the worst player at my table in a $10 rebuy tourny...
1st level, 1500 chips, blinds 10/20
I have AA :cool:
3 limpers, I raise to 180. Guess what, 3 callers... ><)))'> ><)))'> ><)))'>
Flop: K 8 2
They all check to me, I go all in (1000 chips, pot is about 600)
All fold except one nutter who calls with 9 10 :confused: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Thats the easiest double-up i think i've ever had!
I'll let you know if I win the $450 top prize :rolleyes:
:eek: nice :biggrin: very lucky :eek: how many are in it?

no offence though, i didn't like the sound of that all in with AA, even if you were likely to have the best hand at that time. But thats just me :rolleyes: i mean, if it pays off :wink:
Reply 173
saiyamana
:eek: nice :biggrin: very lucky :eek: how many are in it?

no offence though, i didn't like the sound of that all in with AA, even if you were likely to have the best hand at that time. But thats just me :rolleyes: i mean, if it pays off :wink:

I agree completely, except for the fact that it was a rebuy, and I was already mad about 3 callers to my 10x BB raise :p:
I busted out, there were so many idiots playing it was untrue. Some guy called 2 players all ins with 4 2!!!!!!! Suffice to say, he lost the pot and shortly departed! So I lost about $30 on the rebuy, but just ended with a $5/$10 NL cash game and am now up £89, so i'm done :smile:
Reply 174
qpwoei
I agree completely, except for the fact that it was a rebuy, and I was already mad about 3 callers to my 10x BB raise :p:
I busted out, there were so many idiots playing it was untrue. Some guy called 2 players all ins with 4 2!!!!!!! Suffice to say, he lost the pot and shortly departed! So I lost about $30 on the rebuy, but just ended with a $5/$10 NL cash game and am now up £16, so i'm done :smile:

Still not heard back from Pig yet :rolleyes:

I was making posts on another thread and when I clicked submit, it progressed to a page saying the thread was "invalid" :confused: I didnt see this notice a couple of times and thus my posts were lost :mad:
qpwoei
Still not heard back from Pig yet :rolleyes:

I was making posts on another thread and when I clicked submit, it progressed to a page saying the thread was "invalid" :confused: I didnt see this notice a couple of times and thus my posts were lost :mad:
lol no idea :frown: tried posting in ask a mod?
In. I want join the soc :biggrin:

Even tho I'm doing pretty $hite at the mo :redface:
GIBB
In. I want join the soc :biggrin:

Even tho I'm doing pretty $hite at the mo :redface:
worse than the time you slowly let your chip stack crumble away when we were on the same table? lol
saiyamana
worse than the time you slowly let your chip stack crumble away when we were on the same table? lol

:rolleyes: yup..well I still beat you :p:

ive got about $400 left :eek: oh god!
GIBB
:rolleyes: yup..well I still beat you :p:

ive got about $400 left :eek: oh god!
only because i made a bad decision :rolleyes:

:rofl: on stars?! i've made $120,000 up to now (most of it on play money cash tables)

Quick Reply

Latest