The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Get me psyched for Nottingham!

Nottingham is my insurance uni and I'm 90% sure I haven't got into my firm, and no I'm not just being modest. So I want to get excited for Nottingham :biggrin:.

So how awesome is Nottingham? A couple of things that I'm interested in knowing is what's the gym like? What's the accommodation like?

Also, if anyone has anything to mention in relation to the maths course that'd be awesome :biggrin:.
your predicted grades are ridiculous! I wouldnt give up on your firm yet

i don't get the appeal of choosing warwick of nottingham uni though
Its the same prestige, but notts is a better city with more things to do, more places to go out at night, etc
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Webbykun

So how awesome is Nottingham?

the Bear's Comparative Scale of awesomeness

1 = mild frisson of awesomeness

2 = genuine shudder of awesomeness

3 = is that awesomeness in your pocket ?

4 = tim henman amount of awesomeness

5 = that scottish tennis guy amount of awesomeness

6 = nadal amount of awesomeness

7 = djokovic amount of awesomeness

8 = awesomeness meets this awesome chick and they have an awesome time

9 = a tsunami of awesomeness triggered by an awesome earthquake

10 = the fuel rods of awesomeness at the awesome reactor have melted

i would say that Nottingham would be 5

bear

:badger:
Get you excited? There is a tunnel running between portland and trent.
Original post by COSMICDOLPHIN

Why is there a tunnel?
Original post by Choccielatte
Why is there a tunnel?

So people can walk from one below ground level floor in one building to another below ground level floor in another without having to go up to the ground level. I hope that answers your question about the utlility of tunnels
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by COSMICDOLPHIN

Haha, I was genuinely so excited when I discovered the tunnel!
It's even more exciting because it feels like you're walking through some kind of nuclear bunker or military base :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by TheOriginalTinyT
Haha, I was genuinely so excited when I discovered the tunnel!
It's even more exciting because it feels like you're walking through some kind of nuclear bunker or military base :biggrin:

There's a door just after the first corner from the Portland end, which, via some steps, brings you out through a secret door in the Trent Building car park. Now that's cool.
Nottingham is my insurance uni and I'm 90% sure I haven't got into my firm, and no I'm not just being modest. So I want to get excited for Nottingham :biggrin:.

So how awesome is Nottingham? A couple of things that I'm interested in knowing is what's the gym like? What's the accommodation like?

Also, if anyone has anything to mention in relation to the maths course that'd be awesome :biggrin:.

"how awesome is Nottingham". I f*cking despair.

Why did you put is as your insurance, as you clearly have no clue about the place? And why is it down to us to "get you psyched"?

Gym isn't that different to anywhere else and there are plenty of existing threads on accommodation. In fact, each hall I believe has its own thread.

I suspect someone is trolling here.....
Reply 9

mate Im literally in the same position as you, my firm was warwick but dont think ive got in and got myself psyched up for nottingham now!!! Nottingham is a great uni mate better night life than warwick, problem is for me i already live here :/ they have a similar reputation and ones has campus's in malaysia----(see google images of their beaches and cities and you'll see why thats a good thing)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 10
I saw a really nice stationery shop once.
Reply 11
I think the sheer fact that I'm genuinely excited about this tunnel proves that I'm not mature enough for uni. :biggrin:
oh yes :biggrin:
It's a fantastic uni, and you're pretty much well set up for life if you go there imo. Good student population, city, nightlife, campus uni... I was so torn between there and where I went in the end, and although I love where I am and feel suited to it, I often do think "what if..." but hey, it wasn't to be!
Gym at Nottingham is actually sick. Night life is hands down better than Warricks - the place bored the **** out of me. Added bonus is that the girls at Nottingham seem to be on a completely different level as well - most attractive I've seen at any uni, Durham coming a close second.

It's on a campus in a city bang in the middle of the country. What more do you want? To quote that youtube song 'Nottingham is the place to be; if you don't get into the top 3'. I'd personally take this a step further based on the fact that Oxbridge, for all its history and reputation, is incredibly dull in comparison (to Nottingham / Bath / Durham). Still fun, but much lower down on the phwoaaaaar factor. That is of course if you ignore the minor detail that their degrees count as the best in the country...
Reply 15
Original post by houseelf
I think the sheer fact that I'm genuinely excited about this tunnel proves that I'm not mature enough for uni. :biggrin:

University students are some of the most immature people I have ever met :wink:
Reply 16
I LOVE NOTTINGHAM! I've lived here all my life, and every summer I go rowing on the lake for hours with my friends singing stupid songs XD then you can go for a walk around the university park and see the art gallery there and whatnot. And there are amazing shops, but the city centre's fairly small and compact, so everything is right there when you want it! Just generally a badass city.
Reply 17
Original post by alex-hs
University students are some of the most immature people I have ever met :wink:

Awesome. In that case, roll on September! :biggrin:
Reply 18
Warwick was my firm, back when I was choosing uni's and Notts was my insurance.
I didn't get the grades for Warwick, so ended up at Nottingham. I remember spending results day crying my eyes out cos I was scared I wasn't going go like Nottingham, which was stupid as I had preferred Notts over Warwick all along but went for prestige over preference - stupid me.

Anyway, missing my grades was one of the best things to happen to me! Nottingham is an amazing uni and city, with so much going on and a great campus.

I also have alot of friends who ended up dropping out of Warwick.

If you end up at Nottingham you'll have an amazing time!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending