Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My 10 most overrated films ever

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My god there is a lot of **** posing as 'great'.

1) The Godfather-so ****ing boring. You'd think they would do something other than just sitting in a room around a table. So slow. The acting isn't even that good. The don sounds like he's got cotton balls in his mouth. Oh wait that because he has! Had to use subtitles to understand what is being said. Terrible.

2) LOTR part1-so long and ridiculous. Every character speaks in an exaggerated fashion.

3) Wall_E- The only reason people like this is because they are in some sort of mid-life crises and think that it touches their childhood in someway. In reality there is nothing here. Same with Spirited Away which is just a rip off of Alison in Wonderland and not a very good one.

4. Requiem for a Dream. **** me is this bad. There's not enough plot to last the 12 hours that this film feels like so they fill it with stupid camera shots. Film could had been half as long. Trainspotting wasn't much better either.

5. Pans Labyrinth. Just because it aint Hollywood doesn't mean that it's decent and original. So what if the ending is sad? Star wars episode 3 was sad but it was still ****e. Oh and that humming song at the end. So cheap. I saw it coming the first time I heard it. Such a cheap sympathy device. Grave of the Fireflies is FAAR superior.

6. Princess Monoke. I actually like Studio Ghibli. I really do. However, there is so much going on in this film and with so little focus that it's hard to care about how it comes together. Just because a plot is complicated or diverse doesn't mean it's great.

7. The King's speech. I dont have anything against it. I can't really fault it on any aspect. It's just kind of there. If this was on ITV without the hype, I wouldn't be able to distinguish it from the rest of the average films they show. It's not bad, it's just nothing to get excited about.

8. Groundhog Day. The morale of the story is really ****ed up but in an unobvious way. Throughout the film I just kept thinking what the main character did wrong to deserve such a fate (the day repeats over and over). The guy isn't a rapist, a murderer or a drug dealer. He is just an average grumpy guy. He doesn't use his knowledge of no consequences to kill anybody or rape anybody. He didn't deserve it.

9. Avatar. ****ing terrible. Never been so uncomfortable watching a film before. The 3d was crap and the plot and dialogue was even worse. Oh but look at the pretty graphics!

10. The Fighter. I like Christian Bale. Good actor. But the characters themselves just ****ing annoy me. It's like listening to a family argue in a resteraunt. Really annoying.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by y2k1)
    1) The Godfather
    Go away
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    You must have terrible taste in films.
    Wall-E
    Godfather
    LOTR.
    Kings Speech.

You've listed some of the (voted) best films ever .

I don't like every film that has been rated as very good, but that doesn't mean i'm such a naive up-my-own-ass kid that thinks they are overrated .
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Duude what films do you like if you hate those?
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    I agree with avatar. A friend asked my 'how could I think it was bad when all the effects were so good?' My reply? A turd is still a turd even if it's got sprinkles on it
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I sort of agree with Pan's Labyrinth. I mean, it is a good film, but I never got hooked on to the storyline. Again, I think it was just me. However, the others, :curious:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Slumdog Millionaire....omg british director omg danny boyle omg british film omg
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Napoleon Dynamite. WTF even is it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by battycatlady)
    Duude what films do you like if you hate those?
    Moon
    Donnie Darko
    Terminator 2
    Toy Story (esp 2+3)
    Inception
    The Dark Knight
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    One of the worst argued posts I've ever seen.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'll add The Hangover. I didn't find it absolutely hilarious in the way that other people went on about it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    how the hell is Groundhog Day overrated??
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lord of The Rings.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndyD66)
    how the hell is Groundhog Day overrated??
    Because the main character didn't deserve his punishment. He was pretty much blackmailed by fate to being a 'better' person.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    But... but... how could you possibly hate Wall-E? :cry2:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I didn't like Avatar. It was pretty crap. The rest though on the list are very good.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fran.ha)
    Brilliant, that's what it is
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamrules247)
    I agree with avatar. A friend asked my 'how could I think it was bad when all the effects were so good?' My reply? A turd is still a turd even if it's got sprinkles on it
    Although I wouldn't go as far as to compare Avatar directly to a turd, I'd argue that it felt like a film that was all about style over substance and was, thus, overrated.

(Original post by fran.ha)
    I've never understood the appeal, personally. It all seems to stem from him being really, really weird, but it isn't done in a clever or subtle - or even funny - way.

(Original post by IlexBlue)
    But... but... how could you possibly hate Wall-E? :cry2:
    I didn't hate it, but I struggle to understand its mass appeal. For me, I struggled to care enough about the whistling robot for the first half an hour when almost nothing was happening to become involved in the film to any extent.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Frying Pan)
    I'll add The Hangover. I didn't find it absolutely hilarious in the way that other people went on about it.
    Did you not understand the jokes?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamrules247)
    :rofl3:

But seriously though, I loved avatar

Pan's Labryinth....god I hated that film.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 23, 2012
New on TSR

THE world university rankings 2014-2015 revealed

Will they affect your uni choices?

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki film section

Quick link:

Unanswered film threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.