The Student Room Group

My 10 most overrated films ever

Scroll to see replies

Pan's Labyrinth is fantastic. **** you OP.

Agree about some of the others though.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Aeschylus
Actually everything that Quentin Tarentino has done after Pulp Fiction

Even Kill Bill?! :shoot:
I agree with avatar - it was ok but went on too long and not as good as everyone says.
Mr. Beans holiday is hands down the best film ever made.
Original post by HarveyCanis
Even Kill Bill?! :shoot:

ESPECIALLY Kill Bill
Reply 225
I'll tell you whats overrated. Scott Pilgrim vs the world! We all knew what was going to happen and it just dragged on and on.

Edit: Hey don't get me wrong, it was a funny ass film especially the window scene. Man that had me in stitches!! But just those fight scenes I didn't like. And dragged on way too much trying to find all the ex's.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 226
Original post by y2k1

9. Avatar. ****ing terrible. Never been so uncomfortable watching a film before. The 3d was crap and the plot and dialogue was even worse. Oh but look at the pretty graphics!

I agree. So ****ing boring. Along the lines of watching paint dry...

However I have to say Groundhog Day and The King's Speech are a few of my favourite films :u:
Reply 227
Original post by kiwicake
I agree. So ****ing boring. Along the lines of watching paint dry...

However I have to say Groundhog Day and The King's Speech are a few of my favourite films :u:

How to train a dragon is good too :biggrin:
Reply 228
Mr. Bean & Avatar..........lol
Original post by Tuu
I think 2001: A Space Odyssey is overrated. *runs and hides*

I agree, the HAL scene being the exception.
Donnie Darko, Terminator 2, Inception, The Dark Knight
OP, I agree with you on The King's Speech, that was awful, but the the rest :angry:

Mine are:

The King's Speech
Slumdog Millionaire
Rocky
Apocalypse Now

Didn't really like them, no offence, but they just weren't for me.
Reply 233
Original post by Kaz310
I'll tell you whats overrated. Scott Pilgrim vs the world! We all knew what was going to happen and it just dragged on and on.

Edit: Hey don't get me wrong, it was a funny ass film especially the window scene. Man that had me in stitches!! But just those fight scenes I didn't like. And dragged on way too much trying to find all the ex's.

How could you NOT like the fight scenes! They were AWESOME! And they all have awesome lines!

chicken isn't vegan?

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

But seriously, Avatar is overrated. It LOOKED great and everything, but the storyline and characters were so boring and generic, I almost fell asleep.
Reply 234
Avatar. Just my opinion; boring story line for me personally.
Gonna go with the most popular one on here, Avatar.
B]WOAH WAOH WAOH, HOLD ON A ****IN SECOND... HOW CAN YOU SAY THE GODFATHER IS BORING? . :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: It is one of the best films ever made. Consider yourself exiled from the male race.

Original post by y2k1
My god there is a lot of **** posing as 'great'.
WOAH WAOH WAOH, HOLD ON A ****IN SECOND... HOW CAN YOU SAY THE GODFATHER IS BORING? . :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: It is one of the best films ever made. Consider yourself exiled from the male race.
1) The Godfather-so ****ing boring. You'd think they would do something other than just sitting in a room around a table. So slow. The acting isn't even that good. The don sounds like he's got cotton balls in his mouth. Oh wait that because he has! Had to use subtitles to understand what is being said. Terrible.

2) LOTR part1-so long and ridiculous. Every character speaks in an exaggerated fashion.

3) Wall_E- The only reason people like this is because they are in some sort of mid-life crises and think that it touches their childhood in someway. In reality there is nothing here. Same with Spirited Away which is just a rip off of Alison in Wonderland and not a very good one.

4. Requiem for a Dream. **** me is this bad. There's not enough plot to last the 12 hours that this film feels like so they fill it with stupid camera shots. Film could had been half as long. Trainspotting wasn't much better either.

5. Pans Labyrinth. Just because it aint Hollywood doesn't mean that it's decent and original. So what if the ending is sad? Star wars episode 3 was sad but it was still ****e. Oh and that humming song at the end. So cheap. I saw it coming the first time I heard it. Such a cheap sympathy device. Grave of the Fireflies is FAAR superior.

6. Princess Monoke. I actually like Studio Ghibli. I really do. However, there is so much going on in this film and with so little focus that it's hard to care about how it comes together. Just because a plot is complicated or diverse doesn't mean it's great.

7. The King's speech. I dont have anything against it. I can't really fault it on any aspect. It's just kind of there. If this was on ITV without the hype, I wouldn't be able to distinguish it from the rest of the average films they show. It's not bad, it's just nothing to get excited about.

8. Groundhog Day. The morale of the story is really ****ed up but in an unobvious way. Throughout the film I just kept thinking what the main character did wrong to deserve such a fate (the day repeats over and over). The guy isn't a rapist, a murderer or a drug dealer. He is just an average grumpy guy. He doesn't use his knowledge of no consequences to kill anybody or rape anybody. He didn't deserve it.

9. Avatar. ****ing terrible. Never been so uncomfortable watching a film before. The 3d was crap and the plot and dialogue was even worse. Oh but look at the pretty graphics!

10. The Fighter. I like Christian Bale. Good actor. But the characters themselves just ****ing annoy me. It's like listening to a family argue in a resteraunt. Really annoying.
Original post by katiej149

Original post by katiej149
I'm glad someone else said Superbad. I sat through the entire thing with this expression: :confused: . If there was any sort of plot I think I must have missed it.

Really? You didn't understand the plot of Superbad?

Er... Okay...
I'll suggest Superbad here, I found very little of it hilarious
Original post by y2k1

Correct

Original post by y2k1

2) LOTR part1-so long and ridiculous. Every character speaks in an exaggerated fashion.

On second thoughts, go away.

Quick Reply

Latest