The Student Room Group

Frankie Boyle's Harvey Joke (Katie Price's Son)

Former Mock The Week star Boyle, 38, said on the show, which is watched by one million viewers : 'Jordan and Peter Andre are still fighting each other over custody of Harvey - eventually one of them will lose and have to keep him.'

He then added: 'I have a theory about the reason Jordan married a cage fighter - she needed a man strong enough to stop Harvey from f****** her...'

I completely see it's not the nicest thing said, she could be upset.

But making (getting) a WHOLE SHOW about it? :confused:

I've seen comedians make jokes far worse and at the same 'level' as this, and nothing was said, they are comedians for a reason.. some of them push boundaries and make us laugh with it.

So, my view is (as most people should see) she is just a money grabbing old fart, to put it nicely, who just need's to curl up somewhere and never turn up in the media again. This is just another reason for her to make another crap show.
New boyfriend peter? Lets make a show!
Broke up. New show!
Found new guy. New show!
Broke up again, new show!
Etc etc.

I'd be interested to see if anyone disagrees with my view and thinks it's right this is getting so much attention (albeit in the crap papers) and a whole show around it.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Kinda a old subject

Yeah but i think it was perfectly acceptable, nothing should be off limits in comedy
I at least hope that she is donating the money she gets from the show to some sort of disability / bullying charity and she should do a show for free showing how she's helping the charity and help to raise the charities profile.
Reply 3
He's not even funny. He's an obnoxious twa. She's clearly just doing this for the money and needs to get over it. You can't go to a Frankie Boyle concert then claim to be insulted. :facepalm2:

I have no sympathy for either party.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Tommyjw
Former Mock The Week star Boyle, 38, said on the show, which is watched by one million viewers : 'Jordan and Peter Andre are still fighting each other over custody of Harvey - eventually one of them will lose and have to keep him.'

He then added: 'I have a theory about the reason Jordan married a cage fighter - she needed a man strong enough to stop Harvey from f****** her...'

I completely see it's not the nicest thing said, she could be upset.

But making (getting) a WHOLE SHOW about it? :confused:

I've seen comedians make jokes far worse and at the same 'level' as this, and nothing was said, they are comedians for a reason.. some of them push boundaries and make us laugh with it.

So, my view is (as most people should see) she is just a money grabbing old fart, to put it nicely, who just need's to curl up somewhere and never turn up in the media again. This is just another reason for her to make another crap show.
New boyfriend peter? Lets make a show!
Broke up. New show!
Found new guy. New show!
Broke up again, new show!
Etc etc.

I'd be interested to see if anyone disagrees with my view and thinks it's right this is getting so much attention (albeit in the crap papers) and a whole show around it.

I agree with OP completely. I didn't know about a show being made regarding it, but that's absolutely ludicrous. Yes it was a dark joke, but that's to be expected with Frankie; he's notorious for his legendary dark humour.
It's hardly surprising tbh, she needs to make a show about every single thing in her pathetic life to cover the fact that she's actually famous for absolutely **** all :facepalm2:
I can't stand her, but this joke was just disgusting. I'm not sure why it needs an entire programme, though.
I hear it's a one-off special
Words cannot describe how much I utter loathe that sack of makeup and plastic.
Reply 9
Original post by matt10101
Kinda a old subject

Yeah but i think it was perfectly acceptable, nothing should be off limits in comedy

OH, didn't know ;D. Don't read this type of news much and just saw on somewhere on msn front page so assumed it was recent :P

Original post by Mr Inquisitive
I agree with OP completely. I didn't know about a show being made regarding it, but that's absolutely ludicrous. Yes it was a dark joke, but that's to be expected with Frankie; he's notorious for his legendary dark humour.

Yep, one about rasising a disabled child or something, to which she said the joke was a bit reason for doing it.
I wanna say that there should be no boundaries in comedy, but it's just a kid man. Making an entire show about it is obviously too much like, but in all honesty if I had a disabled son and he said something like that to my kid then I would be pissed. The guy is a pretty bad comedian anyway, he'll soon be phased out of the limelight once people got bored of his shock tactics.
She's a dirty, talentless, attention whore. How can she claim to have more heart than Frankie Boyle when she exploits her child for money and 15 more minutes in the spotlight? Frankie Boyle pushes the boundaries, it's crude and offensive, but it's funny because no-one else dares say it. What Katie Price is doing, not only making a massive deal out of a meaningless comment but using it as a cash cow to support her own greedy and vain self, is sick.
Reply 12
While the joke was in bad taste, what do people expect when they watch Frankie Boyle? Jokes about unicorns and rainbows? (Well, possibly unicorns jizzing rainbows).

However, I cannot stand the farce that is Jordans life. If you don't want people to make jokes about your family, don't parade them about on television to make money out of every aspect of your rather mundane life.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 13
I don't know because it may have been funny but he is making fun of someone who can't live his life to the fullest like his children. Also yer people are suppose to expect this from someone like Frankie Boyle.
If a joke needs to be explained and defended it is no longer funny.
He's a comedian- he will go cross the line. They all will at some stage. He made a very offensive joke which he shouldn't have done. But I still find him quite funny. She , though, looks for any excuse to get fame. She's a selfish moron. Andre should be given full custody until she sorts her life out.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 16
They should both be executed ffs
Reply 17
Original post by snowpatrolchlo
Andre should be given fool custody until she sorts her life out.

If that wasn't a pun it's a well funny typo :smile:
Reply 18
This is why comedy is dying. Everything is offensive to some moaners.
Original post by moonkatt
If that wasn't a pun it's a well funny typo :smile:

I'm an actual moron. Nope, that was no pun indended there! *palmface* What's even worse It took me 10 reads to see what was so funny. God, I think I should go to bed now... :colondollar:

* Although, calling them both fools would be complimenting them:biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending