Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Absolutely wonderful strength log with a less conspicuous title.

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Squats: 140kg 3x6
    RDL: 117.5kg 8,6
    DB Row: 54kg 3x10
    Dips (+35kg) x5, (+30kg)x6, (+25kg) x8

Front squat holds 150kg 3 sets.

Diet has been so bad recently - story of my life. Falling off the rfl wagon yet and feel like a fat **** yet again :sad:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ^at least the squats are looking solid. Not bad RDL, rows as well.

Although wtf are front squat holds for? Just front squat it :P
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redbuthotter)
    ^at least the squats are looking solid. Not bad RDL, rows as well.

Abs.

They are awesome for abs.

Also helps with your front squat setup. If you can walk out and stand with 180+ FSing 120 don't feel so scary.

Also, good lifts OP.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Old School)
    Abs.

Also helps with your front squat setup. If you can walk out and stand with 180+ FSing 120 don't feel so scary.

Also, good lifts OP.
    Interesting. I already FS frequently - 3rm twice a week + warmups. Wonder if these would help.

What do you do, just walk out with heavy fs weight and hold for how long?
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    My bf did heavy FS holds last week and passed out because he couldn't sort out his breathing. Lol :mmm:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca)
    My bf did heavy FS holds last week and passed out because he couldn't sort out his breathing. Lol :mmm:
    How can you 'lol' at that? You're so mean
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rlw31)
    How can you 'lol' at that? You're so mean
    He laughed too! It was quite funny because he made these amazing noises when trying to breathe. He managed to rack the bar but then just kind of slumped onto it. Then I got a bit worried but he sat down for a bit afterwards and was fine.

In fairness, he laughed at me on Friday when I nearly knocked myself out and got a big bump on my forehead
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Interesting. I already FS frequently - 3rm twice a week + warmups. Wonder if these would help.

What do you do, just walk out with heavy fs weight and hold for how long?
    I stopped doing them because I kept passing out (managed to work up to 220 for around 20s) but I used to literally rack the bar, take a couple of steps back and hold for as long as I could.

They helped my FS a little because the thing I used to struggle with was the OMGWTFICANTSEE moment when you rack a heavy bar. It made my work weights less intimidating because I could physically walk out and stand with 100kg more than I could actually squat

They also make a good finisher.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca)
    He laughed too! It was quite funny because he made these amazing noises when trying to breathe. He managed to rack the bar but then just kind of slumped onto it. Then I got a bit worried but he sat down for a bit afterwards and was fine.

In fairness, he laughed at me on Friday when I nearly knocked myself out and got a big bump on my forehead
    Lol, I don't know whether I look forward to or dread passing out in a training session, it almost seems a rite of passage. Throwing up is bad enough tbf.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rlw31)
    Lol, I don't know whether I look forward to or dread passing out in a training session, it almost seems a rite of passage. Throwing up is bad enough tbf.
    You look like a tool when you do but there are many lulz to be had.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    You look like a tool when you do but there are many lulz to be had.
    As long as I don't do this:

Head first into dumbbell rack :rofl:
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    FS holds sound very interesting, May have to try these as well... I need work for dem abs...

What's a reasonable time to hold it for in a set, 30 seconds?
    And you do it at a fricking heavy weight compared to what you can actually front squat as well then?

Front squats on their own managed to make me pass out last week.
    Luckily i went down in the middle of the giant room so no dumbells to smash into.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Day 2 of my plan to cut out refined ****e / rfl plan. Felt absolutely awful today, plus it didn't help that people brought in cake and chocolate today. Cravings for sugary cereal were crazy and mental fog was brutal but were tolerable after I took my EC stack at around 5pm. Caffeine is such a wonderful drug! Just have to hope that it doesn't affect my sleep tonight though lol (I tend not to sleep well on this diet due to the large volume of water I have to drink)..

Squat: 142.5 3x6
    RDL: 120 2x8
    Rows: 56kg 3x8
    Dips: (+37.5kg) x6, (+32.5kg) x7, (+27.5kg) x10
    Abs: 160kg.

Felt pretty awful by the end, so close to passing out whilst doing abs. Squats felt strong though, just have to hope I'm getting stronger from optimising my CNS or w/e bs and not due to getting fatter (thus better leverages) from my week long crazy carb/fat binge...

Abs.

Also, good lifts OP.
    Cheers. Yeah they feel awesome for my abs plus they seem to sort out lower back niggles I might be having. Do you do your's belted? I've been doing them unbelted, been thinking of belting up just so that might allow me to use heavier weights thus activating the abs more (but might lead to me passing out faster?) [broscience alert]

Yeah sometimes I feel pretty silly just walking out with the weight and not squatting it. But then I think my weak legs would be the limiting factor. I got the idea from some blog which recommended doing abs standing with the weight in front (so that includes these iso holds, rdls, landmines etc).. Not sure if that's broscience but w/e..

(Original post by Motorbiker)
    FS holds sound very interesting, May have to try these as well... I need work for dem abs...
    I do them for about 5-10 secs.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Squats: 145kg.. 6,6,4
    Rdls: 122.5kg..2x8
    Rows:56kg 3x8..forgot straps so pleasantly suprised I still have some hook grip strength
    Dips: (+40kg) x6, {+35)x7 (+30kg)x8..not gonna count these, don't think I went deep enough.

Did a few high reps sets of machine curls too
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Pretty awful couple of sessions.

Squats: 147.5kg.. 6, 4, 3
    RDLs: 125 2x8
    Rows: 56kg 3x10
    Dips: (+42.5kg) x5, (+35kg) x5, (x30kg) x10

Today

Squats 147.5kg 3.. (Decided to do a deload so did 120 x3x6)
    RDLs: 127.5kg 2x8
    Krocs 50kg 1x15
    DB Press 20kg 3x8
    Dips (+42.5kg) x2, (+30kg) x7, (+25kg) x9
    Back Extensions: +15kg 2x10

Pretty gutted about squats as I was hoping to 3x6 rep 150kg in 4 sessions max (after getting to 140kg 3x6) Will prob sub out kroc rows and dips for seated press and chins. My shoulders have been feeling slightly tender as of late and I might as well mix up some of the exercises since I'm dropping the weight for squats too.

Spoiler:
    Show
    On other news, diet has been atrocious. On reflection, RFL was probably a ****ing stupid idea for someone with such a problem with food as I do. I've been on several crazy binges as of late and feel like a fat ****ing bastard, I honestly think my bitchtits are coming back - totally negating all the good work I've done prior to all this rfl bull****. It's pretty telling that I can't even go one week without succumbing to my binges (the main intention was to last 2 weeks !). Just this morning I had a 2 boxes of honey nut cornflakes. The other day I had a full barrel of rich tea biscuits and coco pops ! However, I am determined to try it one last time and make it work. I've invested so much time, money and effort and for me to quit now would be crap. I think my main problem is the fact that I'm still intermittent fasting (not deliberately) thus causing me to eat all my food during a small window which leads me to throw up and throw my neurotransmitters/electrolyte off sync?? Thus I will incorporate breakfast back into my regime - would probably be better if it was lunch but that's another story. I bought ****loads of turkey so this might keep my serotonin/trytophan levels in check.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by cowsforsale)
    ]On other news, diet has been atrocious. On reflection, RFL was probably a ****ing stupid idea for someone with such a problem with food as I do. I've been on several crazy binges as of late and feel like a fat ****ing bastard, I honestly think my bitchtits are coming back - totally negating all the good work I've done prior to all this rfl bull****. It's pretty telling that I can't even go one week without succumbing to my binges (the main intention was to last 2 weeks !). Just this morning I had a 2 boxes of honey nut cornflakes. The other day I had a full barrel of rich tea biscuits and coco pops ! However, I am determined to try it one last time and make it work. I've invested so much time, money and effort and for me to quit now would be crap. I think my main problem is the fact that I'm still intermittent fasting (not deliberately) thus causing me to eat all my food during a small window which leads me to throw up and throw my neurotransmitters/electrolyte off sync?? Thus I will incorporate breakfast back into my regime - would probably be better if it was lunch but that's another story. I bought ****loads of turkey so this might keep my serotonin/trytophan levels in check.

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by u4m1r)
    Dude, any chance you can put that quote in a spoiler?
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    Did it for you
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    What difference does it make? :confused:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    squats: 127.5kg 3x6
    RDL: 130kg 2x8
    Seated Press: 20kg 2x9
    Chins: 1x10
    back extensions 2x10

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: November 2, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.