Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Prom!?

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    So my Yr 11 Prom is on Monday and I basically just wanted to know, is it any good and what kind of stuff do you do?

I am quite shy so am not one to get up and dance so is it acceptable to just be a boring **** and sit at the table all day? :P How do you even dance!?!? Do you just bob up and down moving your arms slightly? lmao

Anyway, yeah just answer my questions please and tell me more info on it!

Thanks
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    At my prom I drank a bottle of wine in an alley with my mate before I went in and then initiated a food fight during the dinner.

Therefore, I don't feel equipped to advise you on prom etiquette.

:holmes:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't dancing, me and a few mates went outside and just chatted, had a laugh. Just try and have a good time, that's the point of it
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    My Prom is tomorrow. Not really that bothered tbh. If I hadn't spent money on a ticket earlier in the year I wouldn't be going.

Prom is mainly dancing. Sometimes you'll have a sit down dinner, awards and pictures which can take up some of the time. But essentially you're saying goodbye and dancing. Just go with the flow. Maybe follow some other people. You don't have to be a great dance. Most people won't care by the end of the night.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    EDIT: You just reminded me, our Deputy Head said that anyone caught drunk will get rejected on the door and that they may search people to see if they possess any alcohol but I dont know if this is a threat or what so I am weary of getting drunk before hand :/ Although, if I did, I wouldnt mind dancing then ;D
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don't get drunk before hand. Although, it's better to have a couple of glasses of wine before you go; it'll make you less self conscious.
    You will probably go in and everyone will just be standing around chatting and taking photos for a while with the lights on and no loud music. Then you'll probably have something to eat, either a sit down meal or a buffet thing.
    Then the dj will start and everyone will dance. You'll look silly if you don't dance; even if you feel uncomfortable and just kind of bend your knees up and down, you will look better than those that just stand still. And no one really dances properly! Just hold hands with people and move around a bit, jump up and down if it's a 'jumpy' song. After a while it gets a lot less awkward!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks people Nice insight on what it is like
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think drinking vodka and orange juice and dancing like a prat at prom should be mandatory.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Had my prom about 4 years ago. When we walked in we all got our pictures took with our dates or whatever group of friends we went with, then we all sat down. The dinner was buffet style so it was self service then we had music and dancing. I didn't really dance much, some fast songs and some slow songs for couples. Then we had awards like prom king and queen ect.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GottaLovePhysics! :))
    I think drinking vodka and orange juice and dancing like a prat at prom should be mandatory.
    Amen to that

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: July 6, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Advice on everyday issues unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.