The Student Room Group

Absolutely furious at how the further maths As students do not get a half term break

As a F.Maths student myself, I have struggling to keep up with this A2 work which started after the half term “break”.

Struggling, because we did not have a break at all, as we had to study during the half term, for our end of June exams.

I remember my first History lesson back after half term (where I am the only F.maths student there), our teacher said that she will take it easy for the next couple of weeks as she thinks that we “didn’t have enough of a break yet”. I was just sitting there like :eek: still had 2 exams to go, I was revising like mad until 11 o’clock every night, without having had any break at all.

And to add salt to the wound, today I almost had a letter sent home for not doing my homework.
And just FYI, unfortunately I am not one of those genius mathmos out there who don’t have to study very hard to get great UMS scores in their exams, reason why I feel so burnt out.

And our next January exams are just so far away!
There’s no particular question to this thread, I just had to let it all out.
It just makes me feel as if we don't deserve a break, unlike everyone else (not doing f.maths) :cry:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nightingale
As a F.Maths student myself, I have struggling to keep up with this A2 work which started after the half term “break”.

Struggling, because we did not have a break at all, as we had to study during the half term, for our end of June exams.

I remember my first History lesson back after half term (where I am the only F.maths student there), our teacher said that she will take it easy for the next couple of weeks as she thinks that we “didn’t have enough of a break yet”. I was just sitting there like :eek: still had 2 exams to go, I was revising like mad until 11 o’clock every night, without having had any break at all.

And to add salt to the wound, today I almost had a letter sent home for not doing my homework.
And just FYI, unfortunately I am not one of those genius mathmos out there who don’t have to study very hard to get great UMS scores in their exams, reason why I feel so burnt out.

It just makes me feel as if we don't deserve a break, unlike everyone else (not doing f.maths) :cry:

Get over it, A2 is obviously going to be a step-up from AS and the workload will increase, stop moaning and get on with it. :smile:
Reply 2

very few got a half-term break. i had a psychology exam after may half-term but before my school returned from study leave thankfully. but my friend had a french exam after we came back from study leave. its not just further maths people doing hard work and having bad exam timetables. i had 4 exams this exam session on ONE day, all back-to-back, all 1hr 30mins each. get over yourself.
Reply 3
Original post by emmakh123
very few got a half-term break. i had a psychology exam after may half-term but before my school returned from study leave thankfully. but my friend had a french exam after we came back from study leave. its not just further maths people doing hard work and having bad exam timetables. i had 4 exams this exam session on ONE day, all back-to-back, all 1hr 30mins each. get over yourself.

I wasn't talking about back to back exams or study leave. And you don't have to be mean.
Reply 4

Just take a weekend off.
Reply 5
Nobody's saying you don't deserve a break... It's just how things have worked out! Further Maths is definitely up there with the most challenging A levels and unfortunately this is just another downside. Chin up and good luck with your results :smile:
Further maths is a crule mistress.

9am this morning I had to do an hour and a half of further maths with a hangover (prom last night) while still in my prom stuff from the night before! (Slept on someones sofa, didnt go home)
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by GottaLovePhysics! :)

9am this morning I had to do an hour and a half of further maths with a hangover (prom last night) while still in my prom stuff from the night before! (Slept on someones sofa, didnt go home)

Get over it, light-weight. :awesome:

Yeah this happened to our Further Maths group last year. Most of our teachers didn't even know that we still had exam. Your teachers might have not known either so be sure to let them know if they give you grief.
Don't take any notice of the letter, you did the right thing in focusing on your exams! :smile:
Reply 9
Now I'm dreading starting sixth form in September, damn you!!
Reply 10
if u want grades u sit down and study.... if not moan like a bitch and take breaks
I had a 3 hour Psychology (6 x 30 minute essays) followed by a 3 hour German exam in my AS year. Boo-****ing-hoo.
Reply 12
I wasn't talking about back to back exams or study leave. And you don't have to be mean.

well it sounded to me that you were complaining about your exams being at crappy times and that only further maths students have hard exams. so i was just explaining how your situation could have been worse and that further maths students aren't the only ones struggling. you chose futher maths, get over yourself.
Original post by GottaLovePhysics! :)

Forgive me for saying but DAMN! you must have been the best dressed in your class :laugh:
Original post by mohamedomar
Forgive me for saying but DAMN! you must have been the best dressed in your class :laugh:

Actually no, most the class had come straight from ther two after partys, so were still in prom stuff!
But I had the least amount of vomit on my suit so I declare myself the winner :colonhash:
^ LOL!
OP, sounds like you've got 99 problems, but a bitch is not yours.
Original post by A level Az

Now stfu.

No need to be so rude :smile:
Reply 19
University is going to suck for you.

Quick Reply

Latest