Tattoo Appreciation Soc. Tattoo Thread

Rep:
    (Original post by WhyteBoar)
    If it is going to bother you, go back and ask for it to be touched up. I've not had to go for touch yet myself, but I would offer a tip I think.
    Yeah I feel like I should offer her something considering I'm taking up her time. Thanks for the reply.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Rep:
    I have an appointment at 2 to get my tattoo.

I have decided I am going for it.

Rep:
    so I found this design about 6 years ago and I've wanted it ever since.

finally think I might balls up and do it, on my left outer shin.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tribal_dragon3.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	42.2  
ID:	163972

would be interested to hear general opinions? thanks

Rep:

Rep:
    :/ really want something - wanted one for years. just haven't a clue what to get. when googling things 99% of stuff just isn't what i'm after... something small ish (10 x 10cm) on forearm, or under upper arm or summit ugh.

Rep:
    (Original post by Bleak Lemming)
    :/ really want something - wanted one for years. just haven't a clue what to get. when googling things 99% of stuff just isn't what i'm after... something small ish (10 x 10cm) on forearm, or under upper arm or summit ugh.
    You'll know you've found/thought of the right design because when you look at it you know you have to have it! Do you have no idea what kind of thing you want? You could always take a few vague sketches to your artist and ask what they can come up with.

Rep:
    People on Facebook should look up a group called UK Top Tattoo Artists. Some of the best tattoo artists in the UK and featured each day and their work is so inspirational.

Rep:
    Just had my first tattoo done today! totally worth it and didnt hurt as much as expected (its on my foot)

Rep:
    Ive got four tattoos but i want another! Ive already got two im having but i want a small one ... I have no idea what though any ideas?

Rep:
    I booked my appointment on a whim, my first tattoo is actually different to the one I posted a couple of weeks ago (I'm still going to get that one, just not yet!) and it's a red balloon. Does anyone have any advice, how much does it hurt and any tips for coping with the pain, and any other tips you may have please

Rep:
    (Original post by madders94)
    I booked my appointment on a whim, my first tattoo is actually different to the one I posted a couple of weeks ago (I'm still going to get that one, just not yet!) and it's a red balloon. Does anyone have any advice, how much does it hurt and any tips for coping with the pain, and any other tips you may have please
    Madders

Pain wise depends on the place you are getting it and your pain threshold.

How it feels like a sting sensation/scrattchy needle across your skin

Just talk to the tattooist and it will be virtually painless and take your mind off it.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100

Rep:
    (Original post by parry_93)
    Madders

Pain wise depends on the place you are getting it and your pain threshold.

How it feels like a sting sensation/scrattchy needle across your skin

Just talk to the tattooist and it will be virtually painless and take your mind off it.

Thanks! I've read some real horror stories from people, "It hurt more than anything ever" which freaked me out, but I'm not a stranger to pain, it'll be nice to have something good to show for it at the end rather than lots of injections and stuff that don't lead anywhere

Thanks for the advice

Rep:
    Had my first one done today on my wrist.. stung a bit and hurt on some parts but it was okay

Rep:
    (Original post by madders94)
    Eat before you go, and take a sugary drink with you, otherwise you will probably feel very shakey afterwards. I did that for my first tattoo and was fine. I had the second on an empty stomach because I only went in to ask how much my design would cost, and they had time to do it straight away, but I came out feeling a bit light-headed.

Rep:
    (Original post by ~ Purple Rose ~)
    Eat before you go, and take a sugary drink with you, otherwise you will probably feel very shakey afterwards. I did that for my first tattoo and was fine. I had the second on an empty stomach because I only went in to ask how much my design would cost, and they had time to do it straight away, but I came out feeling a bit light-headed.
    Some good advice there but I would never trust anywhere that can fit you in straight away, in the same way that I dislike the sort of place you can walk in and pick a design off the wall and get it done straight away.

Rep:
    (Original post by Perfect_Gent)
    Some good advice there but I would never trust anywhere that can fit you in straight away, in the same way that I dislike the sort of place you can walk in and pick a design off the wall and get it done straight away.
    I wouldn't have had it done straight away if I hadn't already had one tattoo and 13 piercings done there

Rep:
    (Original post by Tech)
    so I found this design about 6 years ago and I've wanted it ever since.

finally think I might balls up and do it, on my left outer shin.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tribal_dragon3.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	42.2  
ID:	163972

would be interested to hear general opinions? thanks
    That looks amazing I might have to get the same but on my shoulder blade

Rep:
    I should hopefully be getting my first tattoo within the next month - before I go off to Uni xD

I read Slaughterhouse-Five and fell in love with the quote 'So it goes'. I just loved the fact that it was repeated whenever something bad happens. You can't change it, you just need to go on...

Anyway I'm looking at this font and I want it going on my side, just under the bra-line.

Should hopefully be having a consultation next week, and then we'll see when I can get booked in.

Rep:
    Just want to say thanks for the advice I was given; I had the tattoo, there was very little pain, I went a bit light-headed at one point but I think that was from relief at the fact that it barely hurt, I just drank vimto and I was fine the tattooist was great (and it isn't one of those places where you can walk in and pick something off a wall; he only does custom designs), I've had no problems with the healing process or anything and can't wait to get my next one! :awesome: I've been bitten by the tattoo bug

Rep:
    I have 7 tatoos, 2 of them take my whole upper arms, getting a big leg piece done when im home

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

: July 10, 2014

Which unis are the poshest?

See what students perceive to be the classiest establishments in Britain

Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.