The Student Room Group

Tattoo Appreciation Soc. Tattoo Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by greeneyedgirl
Nope, the studio I would want to go to doesn't do UV and tbh I've semi gone off the idea, just want a plain simple black cross instead.

No, I'm not Asian.

Hmm, fair enough.

I'm in an unfortunate culture which means I won't move out per se'.
Original post by So Instinct
Hmm, fair enough.

I'm in an unfortunate culture which means I won't move out per se'.

I probably won't fully move out for a while, at least another year. But when I do I think they will just have to deal with what I decide to do to my body.
I've wanted to get one of the two below for a while now actually.

Any thoughts?
Ideally small and on the back of my arm or on my chest.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 403
Original post by ironandwine
finally finito

Spoiler

They're ****ing hot dude! Love it.

Who did them/which studio?
Got my next couple planned out, it's just a case of booking them in and getting the money!! :awesome: I'm excited :biggrin:
Urgh I am so envious of people getting work done :smile:

I have two large pieces planned but not enough money and the artists have waiting lists! Impatient :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NW86
They're ****ing hot dude! Love it.

Who did them/which studio?

thaaaanks :smile:

elliot guy, got them at higgins & co (eastbourne), although he also works at tattoo fx.
I'm a girl and have two tattoos and I love them both!! I think they're a good way to express yourself :smile: these are mine!! :biggrin:
i got "serendipity" on my left shoulder blade a couple of days ago
i love it
thinking of getting a small hamsa hand somewhere next
Been contemplating a tattoo for a while now.

Thing is, I either want NONE, or lots.
Original post by Average_Aaron
Been contemplating a tattoo for a while now.

Thing is, I either want NONE, or lots.

That's okay. Once you get one you will definitely want lots :biggrin:
I'm getting a tattoo if I get into my first choice uni :biggrin:
Reply 412
Original post by Lord of the Flies
I'm getting a tattoo if I get into my first choice uni :biggrin:

equation-tattoos.jpg
Something like this? :biggrin:
I'm only 16 and my mam and dad really don't want me to get a tattoo, but when I'm 18 they accept it's not their choice. I plan on getting a few tattoos, my favourite is a one I designed of a stag head, with roses tangled in the antlers and a frame around it like a vintage mirror, I plan to get it in colour on my right thigh:smile: I love tattoo's I don't understand why people don't like them, I think it just makes a person more interesting as they express themselves through art
The guy who did my last tattoo is away until February :cry2: he quoted me £45 for my design, I went to a different shop and they quoted me anywhere between £100-200 and they want to change the design (it's a custom design for personal reasons). So I can either wait until February and get it done the way I want it, for a great price, by a tattoo artist I trust... or I can go with new people for extortionate prices and not even have the tattoo done the way I want. Hmm, that's a tough decision... not! :tongue:
Original post by madders94
The guy who did my last tattoo is away until February :cry2: he quoted me £45 for my design, I went to a different shop and they quoted me anywhere between £100-200 and they want to change the design (it's a custom design for personal reasons). So I can either wait until February and get it done the way I want it, for a great price, by a tattoo artist I trust... or I can go with new people for extortionate prices and not even have the tattoo done the way I want. Hmm, that's a tough decision... not! :tongue:

The tattooist who wants to change it up probably has very good reasons for doing so; they won't just turn away business. They most likely want to alter it because it may be too small/detailed/etc and probably won't look the best it potentially could when inked onto your skin. £100-200 is not extortionate whatsoever, it's going to be on you for the rest of your life. That said, if it's extremely important that it is replicated onto your skin no matter how better the altered idea may be, then don't listen to me. Also, a wait of two months for something that is with you for the rest of your life is literally nothing, so don't be too impatient (:
Original post by ironandwine
The tattooist who wants to change it up probably has very good reasons for doing so; they won't just turn away business. They most likely want to alter it because it may be too small/detailed/etc and probably won't look the best it potentially could when inked onto your skin. £100-200 is not extortionate whatsoever, it's going to be on you for the rest of your life. That said, if it's extremely important that it is replicated onto your skin no matter how better the altered idea may be, then don't listen to me. Also, a wait of two months for something that is with you for the rest of your life is literally nothing, so don't be too impatient (:

A few people I spoke to said it was so the artist can take pictures of it and display it as their work and their design, which I'd have no problem with if it wasn't going to be on my skin for the rest of my life. I got a bad feeling as soon as I walked through the door of that place - it's got a great reputation but it just didn't feel right, the receptionist wasn't exactly welcoming. Whereas the tattooist who gave me the better quote and didn't want to change it did my last tattoo and was welcoming and friendly from the outset.

They said they want to add more colour and detail to it, but I don't want it to be very detailed and I like the colours I've chosen - I don't want shading because it's MEANT to look like a cartoony, block-colour-y kind of drawing.

Thanks for the advice though :smile:
Original post by madders94
A few people I spoke to said it was so the artist can take pictures of it and display it as their work and their design, which I'd have no problem with if it wasn't going to be on my skin for the rest of my life. I got a bad feeling as soon as I walked through the door of that place - it's got a great reputation but it just didn't feel right, the receptionist wasn't exactly welcoming. Whereas the tattooist who gave me the better quote and didn't want to change it did my last tattoo and was welcoming and friendly from the outset.

They said they want to add more colour and detail to it, but I don't want it to be very detailed and I like the colours I've chosen - I don't want shading because it's MEANT to look like a cartoony, block-colour-y kind of drawing.

Thanks for the advice though :smile:

I completely get what you're saying. My best friend and I got matching deathly hallows tattoos with 'always' underneath. We asked around for quotes and a lot of the artists wanted to make it more complicated or bigger with more colours, whereas it was important to me that it was exactly as my friend had drawn it.

I completely trust my tattoo artist, so if I draw my design and she suggests extra shading I will take her opinion because I know she respects that I want my design and will only improve it rather than changing it. At the end of the day you'll love your tattoo because it's your design, I hope it goes well :smile:
I think part of what makes the right artist for you, is what you are looking for in the first place.

I wouldn't ask the guy in my local tattoo shop for a custom piece because I have seen his work, and I know he isn't of the standard I am looking for; likewise, I would ask someone as talented as Jason Butcher to tattoo an exceptionally simple piece.

It is about matching your requirements to the right artist, and doing research. If you have to wait months for an appointment with the right person, be patient, it is worth it.

World class artists have waiting lists, and they pick and choose their work. Nothing beats the feeling of walking out of the studio (having waited nine months for your appointments) with a killer tattoo that you will be proud to wear forever :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
i was meant to be getting a tattoo over christmas but ended up buying christmas dinner and going mad with everyone's presents...3 months of saving up - gone. :frown:
time to start saving againnnnnn

Quick Reply

Latest