The Student Room Group

O Level English instead of IELTS?

Hello everyone!

This is my first post here. The forum has helped me a lot in applying to Uni for 2012.

Anyway, I live in Bangladesh so English is not my first language. But I've studied at an English medium school and got A grade at O Level English Language.

Now I've seen that Unis such as Cambridge, LSE, etc. require IELTs. Will they accept my O Level English Language in lieu of IELTS?

I'm thinking about Eco, Bus. Studies and Accounting.

Please let me know!
Original post by gamersbd
Hello everyone!

This is my first post here. The forum has helped me a lot in applying to Uni for 2012.

Anyway, I live in Bangladesh so English is not my first language. But I've studied at an English medium school and got A grade at O Level English Language.

Now I've seen that Unis such as Cambridge, LSE, etc. require IELTs. Will they accept my O Level English Language in lieu of IELTS?

I'm thinking about Eco, Bus. Studies and Accounting.

Please let me know!

You still need to give IELTS or TOEFL test for visa requirements. Also ask the universities you wish to apply for if they accept as you are saying.
You mean you are thinking of taking Economics, Business Studies and Accounting for A Levels?
No you dont need Ielts for a UK visa , this is a myth. I think an O-level grade of C is required in English , although for certain universities like LSE the requirements are a minimum of B and if your thinking about going to LSE with that A level combination then sorry to say you will never ever be accepted.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending