The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I dont know... I'm talking about the nightlife in Spain not in UK... but I bet it's the same with a 3 hours difference :p:
LOL... you got a good sense of humour :biggrin:
Reply 62
do I? :confused:
maybe... it's just that "3-hour time difference" sounded funny. :smile:
Reply 64
lol!!! :smile: well it's not that strange to have dinner between 00-02 am in the weekends here!!! :p: most discos let you in for free until 2am... then you have to pay :p:
Reply 65
Here most shut at 2:00am, although with the laws most clubs in Manchester will stay open till 2:30am during the week and about 3:00-3:30am at weekends. Its usualy only free before 10:30 in Manchester but its only usualy about £3 to get in the clubs that I go to.

It just depends on your music tastes though.
Reply 66
that's what I mean... CLUBS shut up at 2 or 3... here RESTAURANTS close at that time... clubs /discos usually open at 11.30 or 12
kitsune
lol!!! :smile: well it's not that strange to have dinner between 00-02 am in the weekends here!!! :p: most discos let you in for free until 2am... then you have to pay :p:
Wow!!... that's amazing!
Reply 68
different culture... during weekdays we usually have dinner between 10 and 11 pm :p:
I ain't been out in many big cities, but I really do like the nightlife in Newcastle. I can't compare it with Leeds or Manchester etc because I haven't been there! But if they are better than Newcastle, then wow! I'm never bored here, there is everything I could possibly want from a night out. Sweet :smile:
Reply 70
Rock 'n' Roll
Well the University of York was voted the most boring university in the UK and is often nicknamed the ''University of Dork''

Enough said. :biggrin:

ha ha, here in the US, the University of Chicago is known as the school "where fun goes to die."
give it a rest, southampton is the key

heart of the south

solent til i die, solent til i die
Reply 72
soton had to be the most BORING place i've ever been to/out in.
Reply 73
DanGrover
Whoah... "something for everyone" - "quickly gets boring" ... BEEP BEEP -- -- DOES NOT COMPUTE.

Keh? London has so many little dingy bars and clubs for all sorts of tastes, there's no way you could get bored, and if you DO get bored, then you won't find a city in the world where you won't.

I agree. I will NEVER get bored of London. It's a fantastic city, its got no limit with choice, it's never-ending, and it keeps on going. :biggrin:
Reply 74
depends what sort of music you're looking for, and 2am is a joke, 6am is the future.
Liverpool Nightlife is brilliant!
What about Manchester!!!!!
Leeds is the capital of the North. If I wasn't from here I'd be applying to university here. As it is I'll be back between terms anyway, so I'll get the best of both worlds.
Brotherhood
Leeds is the capital of the North. If I wasn't from here I'd be applying to university here. As it is I'll be back between terms anyway, so I'll get the best of both worlds.

*snigger* Leeds is the capital of the North! Woo-hoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:
It's desperately trying to be Manchester and holding onto Manchester and London's coat-tails, but rapidly falling off.
Reply 79
Leeds is a lot smaller than Manchester in terms of population and economic clout. The North west is the second richest region in the UK after the South East. Its hardly surprising since it has Manchester, Liverpool and Preston and I suppose Chester.

At the end of the day Manchester has all the North West regional head quarters for banks not Leeds. We even have the UK head quarters of the Bank of New York.

Manchester must also have more clubs than Leeds but I have no stastics on that.

Latest

Trending

Trending