The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Applicants for 2012 entry

SO, other Universities have them, I thought, why not one for the University with one of the best campuses in the UK?

So here it is! What are you planning on studying? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
:lolwut: This is early, but Law.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Wow, this is rather early, but still; History!
It's early, but i'm glad one's appeared already. ^_^
English with creative writing and Classical Civilisation and English- Just worried that almost all my options want at least 2 As, most want 3.
Reply 4
Glad the thread is up so soon, :smile:
Hopefully going to study Psychology with Philosophy
Having the same worries about entry requirements especially as the course I want to do generally is limited in spaces... But hopefully with the increase in tuition fees there will be less competition... right?
I know it's early! - but like I said, some others already have them (and have done for a few weeks!) :smile:

Original post by CrookedTeeth
It's early, but i'm glad one's appeared already. ^_^
English with creative writing and Classical Civilisation and English- Just worried that almost all my options want at least 2 As, most want 3.

Don't worry too much, almost all of mine want 3As too :/ You can do it!:smile:

Original post by sweets93
Glad the thread is up so soon, :smile:
Hopefully going to study Psychology with Philosophy
Having the same worries about entry requirements especially as the course I want to do generally is limited in spaces... But hopefully with the increase in tuition fees there will be less competition... right?

This is what I'm hoping (and I'm sure others are too) maybe for some courses there will be less competition, others may not change/be more.

I want to study Civil Engineering, btw :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Just want to say good luck guys! I cried when I got my offer :smile:
Original post by yahyahyahs
Just want to say good luck guys! I cried when I got my offer :smile:

:biggrin: I WOULD DO THE SAME!! Which subject is your offer for? :smile: CONGRATS, btw :biggrin:
Original post by SomeoneIveNeverMet
:biggrin: I WOULD DO THE SAME!! Which subject is your offer for? :smile: CONGRATS, btw :biggrin:

Ah, thanks :smile: Politics and my insurance is Politics and American Studies - I basically want to go to Notts! Just don't worry - they've been giving out lower offers recently, so if your grades are a bit iffy, a good PS and reference might be a big help.
Ah, thanks :smile: Politics and my insurance is Politics and American Studies - I basically want to go to Notts! Just don't worry - they've been giving out lower offers recently, so if your grades are a bit iffy, a good PS and reference might be a big help.

Oh wow, so your firm and insurance are both Notts? :biggrin: Yes, I hope to be able to crack my PS!:smile:
Good luck guys!
Biochemistry :biggrin:
Reply 12
Economics L100
I'm applying for Biochemistry too :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by PaperHearts94
Biochemistry :biggrin:
Ah, thanks :smile: - they've been giving out lower offers recently, so if your grades are a bit iffy, a good PS and reference might be a big help.

If you have a good PS and average GCSE grades but good a-level predicitions would you get an offer?
Original post by breezybabe05
If you have a good PS and average GCSE grades but good a-level predicitions would you get an offer?

I can't say and Notts will be very ambiguous. I can only give you an example of my own situation, but it really depends on your subject. Try going on the Firmers thread and finding another member who does the subject you're applying for and ask them. There's a list of all of us and I'm sure one person will help because they are all really nice. I would say that the PS plays a very big part in the application process, especially for subjects that don't interview.
I'm applying for Biochemistry too :biggrin: :biggrin:

Woo, I can't wait for uni :biggrin:
Which other universities have you all looked at?
Original post by PaperHearts94
Woo, I can't wait for uni :biggrin:

Saaaaaaameeeeeeee :biggrin:. Did you go for Notts open day?
Saaaaaaameeeeeeee :biggrin:. Did you go for Notts open day?

Yep, I absolutely LOVED IT.
It was so beautiful :biggrin:
I'm going to drag my mum along to the September one so she can see the accomodation (':

Did you go?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending