Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Personal Statement Question Thread

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 61 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil90974)
    Hi, my college has asked to to start putting together my personal statement for 2013 entry. I will be doing this in word and was wondering: what font? what size? what margins? will be the most accurate in terms of not going under the limit when it is copied and pasted onto the UCAS form.
    A4 portrait, Courier New size 9, 1.55cm margins. Should give exactly 93 characters per line, every line, the same as UCAS. Bear in mind also that UCAS adds 2 characters for every time you press enter for a new line.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil90974)
    Hi, my college has asked to to start putting together my personal statement for 2013 entry. I will be doing this in word and was wondering: what font? what size? what margins? will be the most accurate in terms of not going under the limit when it is copied and pasted onto the UCAS form.
    What P_T said, and don't forget to concentrate on not going over the limit. Being under it is essential.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potally_Tissed)
    A4 portrait, Courier New size 9, 1.55cm margins. Should give exactly 93 characters per line, every line, the same as UCAS. Bear in mind also that UCAS adds 2 characters for every time you press enter for a new line.
    Thanks for the quick response, very helpful!
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    For the 2012-2013 PS help questions thread please see this thread.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Im currently writing my personal statement and thinking what kind of stuffs are important to mention. Are there any successful personal statement i can read online. Thanks

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9300
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluefighter0905)
    Im currently writing my personal statement and thinking what kind of stuffs are important to mention. Are there any successful personal statement i can read online. Thanks

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...tement_Library

Start here. Lots of examples and guides on how to write a PS. Also we run a service for free where we can check your PS and give you a review/comments to improve
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluefighter0905)

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...nal_Statements
    This is a list of example medical PSs, some good some bad.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...nal_Statements
    And this is a a how-to for medical PSs.
Updated: August 17, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.