The Student Room Group

Learn Italian language: La società italiana de TSR

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Simon-J
Ahhh neanch'io! Per me ci vogliono almeno 2 minuti per pensare :redface: ... particolarmente adesso perché ho lavorato tutto il giorno e sono stanco morto :p: Com'era il tuo giorno?

Il mio giorno era tranquillo, grazie. Ho dormito fino alle 10, poi ho fatto un giro della città, sono andata alla Standa per comprare qualche cose....e poi ho guardato il rugby, ma Inghilterra erano terribile, allora sono venuta sull'TSR :p:.
Ed il tuo giorno? Com'era?
Reply 81
Becca
Il mio giorno era tranquillo, grazie. Ho dormito fino alle 10, poi ho fatto un giro della città, sono andata alla Standa per comprare qualche cose....e poi ho guardato il rugby, ma Inghilterra erano terribile, allora sono venuta sull'TSR :p:.
Ed il tuo giorno? Com'era?

Ahhh sembra essere un buon giorno :biggrin:
Urgh...mi sono alzato alle 6 per vestirmi e lavarmi per il lavoro...Ho lavorato fino alle 6 questa sera! Fortunatamente, non devo lavorare domani!
Com'è il tempo lì? Piove qui...penso che abbia piovuto tutto il giorno!
Reply 82
Simon-J
Ahhh sembra essere un buon giorno :biggrin:
Urgh...mi sono alzato alle 6 per vestirmi e lavarmi per il lavoro...Ho lavorato fino alle 6 questa sera! Fortunatamente, non devo lavorare domani!
Com'è il tempo lì? Piove qui...penso che abbia piovuto tutto il giorno!

Sì, ho passato una buona giornata. :smile:
Che fai come lavoro?
Il tempo qua....hmm....oggi facevo freddo, ma i giorni passati, abbiamo avuto il sole ed anche la pioggia! :biggrin: Il tempo qui fa lo stesso che in Inghilterra, penso io.
Reply 83
Becca
Sì, ho passato una buona giornata. :smile:
Che fai come lavoro?
Il tempo qua....hmm....oggi facevo freddo, ma i giorni passati, abbiamo avuto il sole ed anche la pioggia! :biggrin: Il tempo qui fa lo stesso che in Inghilterra, penso io.

Lavoro per un negozio di Primark nel ufficio di soldi. Devo fare i conti per le 18 registratori di cassa.. ecc. Non è male :s-smilie:
Reply 84
Non sembra troppo male, infatti, preferirò lavorare nell'ufficio di soldi che nel nel vero negozio di Primark. Non posso imaginare come fonzionano le persone che lavorare per Primark, il sabato!! :biggrin:
Reply 85
Becca
Non sembra troppo male, infatti, preferirò lavorare nell'ufficio di soldi che nel nel vero negozio di Primark. Non posso imaginare come fonzionano le persone che lavorare per Primark, il sabato!! :biggrin:

Sì! Devo ammettere che questo lavoro è rilassante in confronto al lavoro del negozio "vero"! Nel passato, lavoravo lì, ma sono stato promosso. Ma - è molto difficile perché secondo me, la clientela è ignorante :s-smilie:
Reply 86
Simon-J
Sì! Devo ammettere che questo lavoro è rilassante in confronto al lavoro del negozio "vero"! Nel passato, lavoravo lì, ma sono stato promosso. Ma - è molto difficile perché secondo me, la clientela è ignorante :s-smilie:

Sì, e i clienti impazzono il sabato, perché pensano che tutti i vestiti siano venduti! :rolleyes:
i lost you guys on the 4th page, lol

in english, how is italy becca, has your italian improved?
Reply 88
Hehe, Italy is ok at the mo, been here just over a week now so i don't think my Italian has improved *that* much, but after a few more weeks it should be getting there!!
I miss England though. :frown:
so what made everyone want to study italian? (over another language, or over any other subject). just out of interest, & to get this society going again :biggrin: (even though i am not actually a member, since i already belong to 4! :frown:)
Reply 90
Well, I originally applied to uni to do French and German, then realised I hated German and switched to Italian, because, erm, my dad and old French teacher persuaded me to! I love the language though, and the people here are sooo nice. I love friendly people. :smile:
Becca
Well, I originally applied to uni to do French and German, then realised I hated German and switched to Italian, because, erm, my dad and old French teacher persuaded me to! I love the language though, and the people here are sooo nice. I love friendly people. :smile:

ahh right so did you do french a-level and then pick up italian ab-inito at uni? was that really difficult?
i love the language too :smile: although apparently i speak it with a very english accent, which i'm gonna have to work on... yeh i've found they are reeally friendly and welcoming too and even though i'm in the capital not many of them speak very good (or any!) english which i was (pleasantly!) surprised about... have you found lots of them speak english where you are?
Reply 92
No hardly anyone speaks good English here! Obviously you get the ones at the faculty who are doing English, some of them are really good, like this one guy I met today, but in a normal situation you have to speak Italian. All my housemates speak Italian to me, and all they can really say is "hello", "how are you?" etc.
Yeah, I did French and German A levels, but after the A2 exams I was like "yessssss no more German!" and then I realised that I was going to do it at uni...:s-smilie: So I just emailed them after results day and they said it was fine!
A tip for the accent thing (not that I'm perfect or anything, I just find that this really helps) is to just really exaggerate everything you say, almost as if you were taking the piss and it comes across so much better and you'll sound so Italian! Put loads of emphasis on everything. Getting the intonation of a language will really help you sound better, so listen to the sound of Italian whenever you can, listen to the radio in your free time.
Becca
No hardly anyone speaks good English here! Obviously you get the ones at the faculty who are doing English, some of them are really good, like this one guy I met today, but in a normal situation you have to speak Italian. All my housemates speak Italian to me, and all they can really say is "hello", "how are you?" etc.
Yeah, I did French and German A levels, but after the A2 exams I was like "yessssss no more German!" and then I realised that I was going to do it at uni...:s-smilie: So I just emailed them after results day and they said it was fine!
A tip for the accent thing (not that I'm perfect or anything, I just find that this really helps) is to just really exaggerate everything you say, almost as if you were taking the piss and it comes across so much better and you'll sound so Italian! Put loads of emphasis on everything. Getting the intonation of a language will really help you sound better, so listen to the sound of Italian whenever you can, listen to the radio in your free time.

ooh thanks that's very useful i'll give that a go!
although i got mistaken for an italian on the bus today which was pretty cool :biggrin: i hardly understood a word the woman said to me, but at least i don't look like i'm completely of place!
how are you getting on now, becca? no place like home, huh? :s-smilie: know how you feel!
i thought u 2 were the same people, lol

sorry
gunners r us
i thought u 2 were the same people, lol

sorry

lol erm nope... we just both have the same name and are both in italy. that's about it lol. :wink:
Reply 96
xx Rebecca
ooh thanks that's very useful i'll give that a go!
although i got mistaken for an italian on the bus today which was pretty cool :biggrin: i hardly understood a word the woman said to me, but at least i don't look like i'm completely of place!
how are you getting on now, becca? no place like home, huh? :s-smilie: know how you feel!

I'm getting on quite well now thanks. Had an awesome night out last night and am going out again tonight. It's improving as I get to know more and more people. It's so funny when someone speaks to you really quickly and you're like "uuuuuuuuuuuuhhhh...." :redface:
My italian is improving loads though, it's great.
When do you leave? :smile:
this is random, but is there any black people in italy? lol
gunners r us
this is random, but is there any black people in italy? lol

well i don't know really... it seems very multi-cultural in rome, i was quite surprised in a way, but then i guess that's true of any capital city? but yeh loads of different nationalities, in Rome at least. although i suppose it would be a different story in a smaller town or city. are you thinking of going to italy?
yeah

by the way, italian students are coming to my school on monday :smile:, and were taking them to c.london, any topics i can bring up in our discussions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending