The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

biomed degree weightings

does anyone know how the situation currently stands with regard to the weighting of the three years? i know when i started (oct 09) we were told 10:30:60, but also that if our final year mark was better then they would just count that. At the start of this year they said it was 40:60 and first year didnt count, but then changed it back as there were lots of complaints. Someone said to me on results day that the 100% final year does not stand any more.

I've emailed the HoD (no reply as yet) and looked in the red file as apparently thats gospel, but cant find anything about the relative weightings of the years! anyone know?
Original post by goodtogallop
does anyone know how the situation currently stands with regard to the weighting of the three years? i know when i started (oct 09) we were told 10:30:60, but also that if our final year mark was better then they would just count that. At the start of this year they said it was 40:60 and first year didnt count, but then changed it back as there were lots of complaints. Someone said to me on results day that the 100% final year does not stand any more.

I've emailed the HoD (no reply as yet) and looked in the red file as apparently thats gospel, but cant find anything about the relative weightings of the years! anyone know?

Course regulations state [noparse]10: 30 :60[/noparse]:
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/academicoffice/quality/courseregs/courseregs1011/undergrad/lifesciences/c700/

As for the final year counting for 100%, I don't know, it may depend on the examination board who ultimately decides what you end up with. Can't find any regulations for it for Life Sciences.
(edited 12 years ago)
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by goodtogallop

Hi

At the beginning of the year the HoD got it wrong (remember he was really confused, new at the job and clarified this in an e-mail he sent out), they are unable to change the degree weighting halfway through the degree.
The old red file page here explains the final degree grading : http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/lifesci/intranet/teach/3rdyr/redfile/3rdyrpart1

E-mail the senior tutor, (e-mail is on the lifescience intranet page) he's much better at answering e-mails and should clarify it for you.

It is slightly more complex than just looking at the final year, it's to do with how close the the grade boundary you are (at least 1% over or 2.5% under) and its linked to how well the end of year project goes.

Hope that helps

x

Quick Reply

Latest