The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
iv opened my phone yeah as i didn't tell you my phone is a d500 :confused: so i can only side it up and down and take the battery out
Reply 21
my phone is a d500 ? i'm hoping it will work
Sell it on the market.
Reply 23
Can't do that if it dont work :frown:
LiL_Sammy
Can't do that if it dont work :frown:

Just get a screwdriver and open it up, Plug in a hairdryer and turn it on full power, run it on full power on it for awhile and then it'll work.
Reply 25
Godsize
Just get a screwdriver and open it up, Plug in a hairdryer and turn it on full power, run it on full power on it for awhile and then it'll work.
wheres the screws :confused:
LiL_Sammy

Just open it whatever way your phone opens with. :p:
Reply 27
LiL_Sammy
my phone is a d500 ?

Are you asking us if your phone is a d500? :confused:

--------------

LiL_Sammy

On the back of the phone. NOT on the sides.
Reply 28
yay my phone works now thanks a lot people :biggrin:

--------------

ok now the keys aint working again
Reply 29
LiL_Sammy
ok now the keys aint working again

Yes that is my username.

:cool:
Funny, related story:

A friend of mine managed to get Port into the microphone of her phone. The microphone stopped working, which led to one sided phone calls!

She would get SO stressed with people who carried on talking!
Reply 31
Just turn it off and leave it with the keypad facing down overnight. :smile:
Reply 32
thanks x
LiL_Sammy
put more water in it :eek: omg :confused: i won't trust that :eek:

Yeah, deionised water - doesn't conduct electricity so it displaces the 'normal' water that you drowned the phone in.

I wouldn't blast it with heat, especially a hairdryer - more likely to melt the plastic parts of the phone. It will need a long time to dry properly and it should be OK. Things like cameras, keypads, microphones and speakers are the most likely things to fail due to water short circuits.

If you keep using it whilst it's still damp inside, then it will die eventually.
Reply 34
LiL_Sammy
:confused: :confused: my phone was ringing and it fell in the toilet i left it to dry when i was out and it turns on but the keypad dont work but iv only left it to dry for a couple of hours should i leave it longer or is my phone dead ? :frown: :mad: :confused: please help
oo I watched a programme about this - I'm sure someones already said but

DONT TURN IT ON!!!!

Seperate the phone into the components and leave it in a warm dry place for around 2 weeks, it should then work again :smile:
Reply 35
LiL_Sammy
yay my phone works now thanks a lot people :biggrin:

I expect it has a funny smell as well lol :p:
Reply 36
my phone is starting to trun its self on even if i take out the battery wat the hell
Reply 37
That happened to me and I had to get a new battery.
Reply 38
The best thing you can do IMO is to turn it off and lead it by the radiator for a day. I bet once it has dried out properly it will then work again.
Reply 39
laugh :biggrin:

Latest