The Student Room Group

UK/EU or overseas fees?

Hey,

I've got an important question and I'm glad I've found this forum!

I'm a South Korean, and I have the South Korean citizenship as well as my both parents who were born and grew up in South Korea. They moved to Italy 22 years ago, and some years later I was born in Milan. I've been living in very northern Italy in South Tyrol for almost 16 years - I have never resided outside Italy. Of course we live here legally, with "permesso di soggiorno" (permit of residence).

I possess the Korean citizenship. Dual citizenship Italy + South Korea is possible, and I also have the possibility of requesting the Italian citizenship for many reasons (eg having lived legally in the country for many years, born here, ...).

As I've been living in the EU for so many years, will I avoid to pay the overseas tuition fees?
It'd be just crazy to pay such amounts of money just because I have an other citizenship, and my family may not be able to afford it ...

Moreover, I've looked at statistics which prove that Italian students are accepted less often by British universities because many Italian schools give too high grades for little achievements. I must say that this may be / is (as far as I can say basing on the experiences of many friends) true for many Italian schools, but our school is a German school and the grades are given very strictly. Therefore it may affect my chances of being accepted or invited to interviews, and that's kind of unfair, as I'm actually one of the best students at our school and have even won some competitions (language competitions), which haven't been won by students of our school and surrounding for ages.

I'd rather keep my South Korean citizenship for some other reasons as well.
Can I be considered as a South Korean, having the South Korean nationality (citizenship, passport, both parents), but avoid to pay the overseas tuition fees?

Thanks and have a nice day,
Yu Ri :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by pocketfrog

Check your post on the other thread. I already answered you there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending