Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Daniel Ricciardo to make his F1 debut at Silverstone....in a Hispana.

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can't see a thread on this, apologies if there is one.

So, AutoSport have confirmed that Australian driver Daniel Ricciardo will be making his F1 debut with Hispana Racing Team at Silverstone.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/92740

Personally I think its a very strange decision, especially on Red Bull's part. I understand that Hispana are gonna want someone with potential even if it is just for the rest of the season.

As much as I love Hispana and desperately want them to come good, I can't help but feel that if Danny Ricci fails to come up to scratch against Liuzzi, it might just kill his F1 career.

What do you guys think about this?

Also whilst we're talking about Hispana, I thought I'd share this bit of information for those that may not have heard.

Hispana has been taken over (well a controlling stake anyway) by Spanish Investment Company, Thesan Capital.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/92839

Thoughts?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think the move is a good thing it will give ricciardo some solid experience in an f1 car as testing time is so limited these days and i don't think it will bother the other teams to much if he doesn't match up to liuzzi as liuzzi is an experienced driver and it will give ricciardo a chance to acclimatise to f1 without the huge pressure of the bigger teams for example if he puts it in the wall it won't be as much of a big deal.

Anyway i guess we'll find out over the rest of the season good luck to him.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Very good point davef1, hadn't thought of it that way
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if it is a good move tbh.

The benefit of it is he gets more familiar with a F1 car, more familiar with race tracks, more familiar with the GP process behind the scenes with engineers etc.

But being in a Hispania, he'll mostly spend his GPs in the garage from reliability problems, or just messing around not being able to set off any headlights with some quick laps.

If anything he risks being scrutinised because if he manages to create a bit of a problem for one of the front runners under blue flags, the drivers will definitely have a go at him.
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    Experience he needs to have, and he was not going to get it any other way unfortunately.
    Not everybody gets a Mclaren race seat upon debut. And it doesn't mean their career is ****ed through lack of one.

Hopefully Hispania can strike up a development deal like Marussia did with Mclaren this week.
    • 74 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a good move.

Something along...

http://badgergp.com/2011/07/opinion-...-both-parties/

Those lines is my reasoning.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenomorph v2.1)
    I'm not sure if it is a good move tbh.

The benefit of it is he gets more familiar with a F1 car, more familiar with race tracks, more familiar with the GP process behind the scenes with engineers etc.

But being in a Hispania, he'll mostly spend his GPs in the garage from reliability problems, or just messing around not being able to set off any headlights with some quick laps.

If anything he risks being scrutinised because if he manages to create a bit of a problem for one of the front runners under blue flags, the drivers will definitely have a go at him
    That's very true.

Good luck to him though. I guess any experience is good experience for him.

Also, another thing I was wondering, is Danny Ricci still Red Bull's driver or is he Hispana's? I'm assuming he's still a RB driver as they're only effectively 'loaning' him to Hispana. It's probably a very thick question but I haven't been 'in' to Formula 1 for as long as some people so I'm still getting to grips with how things work etc.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    What a waste of time.
    • 74 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raiden10)
    What a waste of time.
    Why? He's got nothing to lose and everything to gain from this...

If he gets beaten by a guy with 70+GPs under his belt and 10 races in the car people won't think less of the guy and even if he comes last every race then it's a HRT. It's expected...

Check out the link below as it explain it a lot better than i can...

http://badgergp.com/2011/07/opinion-...-both-parties/

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 5, 2011
New on TSR

Exclusive Nick Clegg interview

Your questions answered by the deputy prime minister

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered motorsport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.