The Student Room Group

Student Finance: Can I get the grant

I really need advice on this.

Basically I was born in Rep of Ireland and moved to the UK (Northern Ireland) in 1996, where I stayed to 2008. In 2008 though I moved back to Rep of Ireland to look for work where I signed on. I stayed in rep of Ireland for alomost 3 years and came back in March of this year.

Would it stand for me that I was resident in Northern Ireland from 1996 to 2008. And would I be entitled to freedom of movement to cover my time in the Rep of Ireland.

During my time in the Rep of Ireland I visited my previous address in Northern Ireland every weekend as my parents are at that address. Even continued to have bills continue coming in my name to the Northern Ireland address while I was away. For example, credit card statements, Sky and Virgin broadband.

Would it be an issue if I said on the form I was not outside the UK in the last 3 years? I am back now living permanently in Northern Ireland.
Reply 1
Anyone got any input ?
Original post by Jamesmedia7
Anyone got any input ?

Phone Student Finance.
Reply 3
Original post by yahyahyahs
Phone Student Finance.

Yeah I just did, I phoned them to see what they thought.

I explained my situation,

Guy on the phone advised me to put I have not been outside the UK on the form. He told me because I had bills coming in my name to my address in the UK while I was in the Rep of Ireland I can still say I am resident in the UK. Those bills included, SKY and Virgin media broadband bills.He said if anything came up I could always just say I went to Ireland to look for work. He also said they are not going to check up on if I was living in Ireland or not.

I also told him how I came back every weekend to my parents house in the UK (Northern Ireland) where I previously stayed.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending