The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Worcester
University of Worcester
Worcester

Worcester Uni 2012

Hey,

Anyone on here thinking about applying to Worcester Uni september 2012? After going to the open day I know for sure that it's going to be my first choice and I'm kinda hoping to chat to other people who think that's where they want to go as it would be nice to sort of know a few people before going there- that's if I get in. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have been looking at Worcester! I haven't been on an open day yet though. I am hoping to study Education Studies and English Language Combined. I'm probably going to put Worcester as my first choice with York StJohn as my insurance. :biggrin:
On campus at University of Worcester
University of Worcester
Worcester
Reply 2
You really need to get there and see it for yourself- I think it's perfect. The city isn't too big, which I love as I hate big noisey places. They've also got a massive new library opening in 2012, so just in time for us if we get in. I'm hoping to study something along the lines of business, not too sure at the moment. Your choices sound good :smile: Hoping to become an english teacher or something then?? :biggrin:
Reply 3
Hi, I've just finished studying at Worcester for three years and now work there, so feel free to ask me any questions. It really is a great uni IMO, friendly and sociable with decent food and a lovely little city.
Reply 4
Hey, I've applied for Halls and going to be a PGCE student. I'm just hoping that I can get in with other PGCE students. Is there regular buses from St John's campus around the area to get to placement schools? Worcester Uni is stunning! :smile:
Reply 5
Do you know where the placements may be?
Reply 6
I'm a first year drama student at worcester if you have an questions feel free to ask me.
It is so odd hearing St John's called a campus... to me it's the place the chip shop and chinese are! Good old worcester :smile:
Reply 8
im applying there for nursing :biggrin: i have a interview there tomorrow as well! :woo:
Applying for Pre-Hospital, Unscheduled & Emergency Care FdSc. Had a post card thing today to say they're processing...
Reply 10
I'm thinking of switching one of my choices in compliance with the new fee changes list for Worcester. Anyone give me any tips about the English Literary Studies course? Or thinking of doing it themselves? (:
Yeah Worcester is my first choice as well. Everything about it is just perfect for me :smile:. Will be going to an open day on the 12th of Jan to check it out. Gloucester is my second choice, although I really only want to go to Worcester, will be gutted if I don't get in!
Original post by CeejayHaines
Yeah Worcester is my first choice as well. Everything about it is just perfect for me :smile:. Will be going to an open day on the 12th of Jan to check it out. Gloucester is my second choice, although I really only want to go to Worcester, will be gutted if I don't get in!

I'm in the exact same position! Worchester is my first choice, to do English Literary Studies :smile: I went to both Worcester and Gloucester open days, and got a conditional offer from Glos yesterday!
Has anyone had Worchester offers yet? :smile:
Reply 13
I think I'm going to make worcester my first choice too so it would be nice to talk with others who may be going there.

I just got a conditional offer from them yesterday to study biology :biggrin:
Original post by Jennifwr
I'm a first year drama student at worcester if you have an questions feel free to ask me.

I wasnt sure to apply here as i havent seen many reviews/statics on how well the uni performs. But i like the sound of Drama/Multimedia. Anyway i was just wondering what the contents of the course "actually" is? Is it fun? What ratio is theory based to pratice based? Do you feel like you can progress as an actor here? Thanks :smile:
Reply 15
Hi guys i'm in my second year at the university of Worcester doing computer games and multimedia development

Worcester uni is a fantastic uni and also one of the fastest growing in the country. It only got its official university status in 2005 so still relatively new but is expanding super fast.

there is two campus's city campus and st johns campus about 15 minute walk apart. city campus is where i am based as it is where the business school is that also deals with computing.

All the lecturers i have had have been very good and all of them have experience in the real world. if any of you have played outcast for the dreamcast on of my lecturers was the lead designer for that.

the new library that should be done in 2012 is the biggest in Europe

if anyone has any questions then i will do my best to answer them or find the answers but i will say i don't come on here very often so might be an idea to pm so i get an email notification
Reply 16
Original post by hopeless_student
I wasnt sure to apply here as i havent seen many reviews/statics on how well the uni performs. But i like the sound of Drama/Multimedia. Anyway i was just wondering what the contents of the course "actually" is? Is it fun? What ratio is theory based to pratice based? Do you feel like you can progress as an actor here? Thanks :smile:

when choosing a uni i don't think statistics should come into it. the drama course is incredible at times very stressfull but fun. It's the best drama course i came across as it enables you to choose a wide range of modules you do 8 modules a year and in your first year you do 5 that everyone does and then you choose 3 out of a huge list so it's very tailored to what suits you. Every year they bring in new modules they listen to feedback change how things are done ect. the ratio of theory versus practical varies its mostly 60% prac 40% written sometimes its 20% 80% and some it's 70% 30 % each module is different but not essay is longer than 1,600 words. I also know the multimedia department is amazing alot of people do joint hons drama/digital creative media or other courses along those lines. i hope this helped :smile:
Interview for Pre Hospital Unscheduled & Emergency Care Course on the 14th March!
Reply 18
Had a computing interview here yesterday at the City Centre with an American woman who I thought was quite hyperactive. I had a small look around and it looks like a good university. My interview seemed to go quite well too. Depending on what Canterbury is like, this could be my first choice.
Reply 19
Hi,
I v got my interview on the 22nd feb, it's a good uni I coach the hockey up their and from what I've seen it's good the interview should be fun.
Rick

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending