Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2011/12

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness is down to only 8 films! Help decide on the final 4 now! 15-07-2014
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow, I had a good weekend.

If I hadn't left Sturridge and Sess on the bench it could have been a whole 17 points better - though captain Clint and Al-Habsi were inspirational decisions. :coma:

Think Arsenal-City has 0-0 written all over it this weekend, so I'm going for captain Sturridge.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    Think Arsenal-City has 0-0 written all over it this weekend, so I'm going for captain Sturridge.
    How come you left Sturridge on the bench against Villa? And do you not have any Utd players to captain? That was Sturridge's first goal for 15 weeks.
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_wizard123)
    How come you left Sturridge on the bench against Villa? And do you not have any Utd players to captain? That was Sturridge's first goal for 15 weeks.
    The last sentence kind of answers the first question, and with Chelsea on a poor run of form and away I thought Pogrebnyak would have been the better call.

I have a thing about not having any non-Arsenal top players unless they're cheap and useful - I have Jones who I considered captaining, but I'm nowhere near the top of this league so I figure some wild gambles might make me a few places in the last few games.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    The last sentence kind of answers the first question, and with Chelsea on a poor run of form and away I thought Pogrebnyak would have been the better call.

I have a thing about not having any non-Arsenal top players unless they're cheap and useful - I have Jones who I considered captaining, but I'm nowhere near the top of this league so I figure some wild gambles might make me a few places in the last few games.
    I suppose it's a risk that could pay off given they have Wigan, and he'll probably start.

I remember going through a period when I didn't have City, Spurs or Arsenal players when Villa were around the top 4/6, those days seem a long time ago now...
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow, I had a good weekend.

If I hadn't left Sturridge and Sess on the bench it could have been a whole 17 points better - though captain Clint and Al-Habsi were inspirational decisions. :coma:

We'll batter you the form we're on, we'll brush you off like we did with Liverpool and Stoke
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Booooooooom.

Transfer plans sorted. The top 5k is mine. I'm coming for you JK and Wizard
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Da_hopeful_1)
    Booooooooom.

Transfer plans sorted. The top 5k is mine. I'm coming for you JK and Wizard
    Nice! What are they?

I've got mine sorted for this week and all potential plans sorted up until pretty much the last week.

What I've realised though is that too much planning can be a bit bad though (I try and go overboard)... I'm going to make the pretty much required transfers as needed but make my differential ones closer to the time when I check out the form of the players.

Would be nice to win this league but if I have to make crazy transfers to win my other ML which leads to £ then I won't mind too much...as long as I win that one :grin:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordan-Kirby)
    Nice! What are they?

I've got mine sorted for this week and all potential plans sorted up until pretty much the last week.

What I've realised though is that too much planning can be a bit bad though (I try and go overboard)... I'm going to make the pretty much required transfers as needed but make my differential ones closer to the time when I check out the form of the players.

Would be nice to win this league but if I have to make crazy transfers to win my other ML which leads to £ then I won't mind too much...as long as I win that one :grin:
    Planning to save a free this week. Then i will have 2 gw 33 and 1 for GW 34, by which time i will hopefully have 10 players to put on the field. Going to use the final 4 weeks to catch up big and bring in differentials. I've already won one of my other ML's and it's quite close in another. This is the one i really wanted though, to wipe the :smug: off Colbert's face. Alas it's probably out of reach now.

I'm giving Dempsey 1 more week and then selling for Walcott :shh:

My plan looks pretty set and the only thing that can ruin it is injuries
    I won't be bringing in rotation risks like Mata/VDV.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wish I could get onto FF at work and plan for the final few weeks.. I've got a 40 point gap to make up.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Da_hopeful_1)
    Planning to save a free this week. Then i will have 2 gw 33 and 1 for GW 34, by which time i will hopefully have 10 players to put on the field. Going to use the final 4 weeks to catch up big and bring in differentials. I've already won one of my other ML's and it's quite close in another. This is the one i really wanted though, to wipe the :smug: off Colbert's face. Alas it's probably out of reach now.

I'm giving Dempsey 1 more week and then selling for Walcott :shh:

My plan looks pretty set and the only thing that can ruin it is injuries
    I won't be bringing in rotation risks like Mata/VDV.
    Ahh nice. Hopefully I'll have 10/11 players for GW34 and then maybe around 7 or so for the DGW. Very possible to still catch up though, just got to keep up on the differentials.

I ...might be doing the same with Dempsey

I'm not too sure with Mata/VDV, going to assess them closer to the time, they're potential massive differentials.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm having a 'mare with my transfers this week.

Totally lacking any inspiration.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mata or Valencia for captain? I have faith in Mata! He's my idol <3 Also, QPR are doing surprisingly well against the good teams.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Spent hours pouring over my transfers and then realised I screwed up because I won't have the right amounts of money for each week. Had to re-think :facepalm:

Think I've worked out what I want to do though. Not going to change that much for gameweeks 34 and 36 just a couple of transfers me thinks.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Early deadline today... thought it would be tomorrow but just under 3 hrs, thank god I saw the PL account on twitter.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    Early deadline today... thought it would be tomorrow but just under 3 hrs, thank god I saw the PL account on twitter.
    +1

I was going to leave it till tomorrow morning till I saw your post.

I've bought in Walcott for some reason

Got rid of Silva, I think he was in my side since week 1.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    The deadline is at 16:00 and the Newcastle-Swans game is at 16:15 - and I already used up my free transfer. oh well, hopefully the players I have on both sides will play.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The deadline is at 16:00 and the Newcastle-Swans game is at 16:15 - and I already used up my free transfer. oh well, hopefully the players I have on both sides will play.
    I hate this fixture haha. Ba, Ryan Taylor, Neil Taylor, Krul,

Decided not to play either of the Taylors, and a bit hesitant with putting on Ba.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    You have you got starting?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KyraBloke)
    Mata or Valencia for captain? I have faith in Mata! He's my idol <3 Also, QPR are doing surprisingly well against the good teams.
    I think Mata will be rested.

Well..it'd be a good idea to rest him anyway; he looks a bit worn out from having played so much.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnWise)
    I think Mata will be rested.

Well..it'd be a good idea to rest him anyway; he looks a bit worn out from having played so much.
    cheers for telling me 30mins too late =(( xD

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 22, 2012
New on TSR

Student crowdfunds degree

Graduate raises £26,000 online for Masters course

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.