The Student Room Group

Help me with my Psychology Assignment

Hello Friends,

Please help me with my psychology Assignment writing... can you some one share some assignment samples here...it's urgent :confused:
You might get more help if you specify what topic area you're working on and at what level etc, then people can give you tips/ideas :smile:
Reply 2
Currently I'm writing on "Atypical Development" Some one please give me some suggestion or ideas
Maybe you could research a developmental disorder such as Autism?
I'm not at uni but i've been looking at things i might be doing next year and for autism the reading list is:

Good introductory books:

Uta Frith (2003) Autism - Explaining the Enigma
Mark Haddon (2004). The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time

Highly cited journal articles that review specific theories / aspects of autism research:

Baron-Cohen, S., Ring, H.A., Bullmore, E.T., Wheelwright, S., Ashwin, C , Williams, S.C.R. (2000)The
amygdala theory of autism. Neuroscience and Biobehavioral Reviews, 24 (3), pp. 355-364.
Baron-Cohen, S. (2002) The extreme male brain theory of autism. Trends in Cognitive Sciences, 6 (6),
pp. 248-254
Dapretto, M, Davies, M.S. Pfeifer, J.H. , Scott, A.A, Sigman, M., Bookheimer, S.Y., Iacoboni, M.
(2006). Understanding emotions in others: Mirror neuron dysfunction in children with autism
spectrum disorders. Nature Neuroscience, 9 (1), pp. 28-30.
Happé, F., Frith, U.b (2006) The weak coherence account: Detail-focused cognitive style in autism
spectrum disorders. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 36 (1), pp. 5-25.
Lord, C.a , Risi, S. , Lambrecht, L. , Cook Jr., E.H. , Leventhal, B.L , Dilavore, P.C., Pickles, A., Rutter,
M. (2000)The Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule-Generic: A standard measure of social
and communication deficits associated with the spectrum of autism Journal of Autism and
Developmental Disorders, 30 (3), pp. 205-223.
Muhle, R., Trentacoste, S.V., Rapin, I. (2004). The genetics of autism. Pediatrics, 113 (5), pp. e472-486.
Volkmar, F.R, Lord, C , Bailey, A., Schultz, R.T , Klin, A.. (2004)Autism and pervasive developmental
disorders Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry and Allied Disciplines, 45 (1), pp. 135-

Quick Reply

Latest