The Student Room Group

Messed up student finance app for 11/12

Apologies if I have posted this in the wrong place :s-smilie:
My student finance seems to have been messed up for 2011/2012.
My situation is that I went to uni for 4 months in 08/09 and I had my tuition fees withdrawn as I left before the cut-off date etc and I had to pay £1550 myself for half a year’s fee’s. I also received two SLC and maintenance grant loans, one set in September and one in January.
I applied via ucas to go into first year @ Birmingham City Uni for 2010/2011 and I never attended, I actually never even left Ireland as a career opportunity came up which I could not refuse for experience reasons. I received a timetable stating what I would be entitled to, however, as I never attended/registered I received nothing. I recently received a payment for around £350 (after I applied for student finance for 2011/2012) because the SLC said BCU sent through a notification saying I attended for 1 week (which was incorrect).
This year (2011/2012) I applied for first year at MMU and I received a letter from SLC saying that as this is my third attempt at first year and so I am only entitled to maintenance loan! No fee loan and no maintenance grant!
I rang BCU today and they said that they would re-send a notification through to the SLC to state that I never attended and thus I should never have received any payments, however, I also rang the SLC who said regardless of whether or not I attended a payment has been processed and paid and so that counts as a further failed attempt at first year on my behalf! You can repeat first year again but only once and so because either BCU or the SLC messed up my finance for this year is now messed up!!
Any wisdom on what to do now?
My whole plans for September and the next three years or in jeopardy now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending