Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Should I send my IB psychology results for remarking?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got a 4!!!

Urgh, I was predicted a 6 and even thought the exam was fairly reasonable. I felt that I could at least scrape a 5. Do you think I should send it for remarking?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mysterieux26)
    I got a 4!!!

Urgh, I was predicted a 6 and even thought the exam was fairly reasonable. I felt that I could at least scrape a 5. Do you think I should send it for remarking?
    The best thing to do is to wait until you get a break down of your score. That way you can see the grades you got on each paper and hopefully identify the problem - for example, you may have done well on one paper but completely bombed the other.

You can see how close you were to the grade boundaries; if you were close, a remark is probably worth it. Good luck! I'm in the same position. I was predicted a 7 for ITGS but only got a 5... I was hoping for a 6 at least! I'm hoping I was near the grade boundary.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    +1
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    arghh. i'm considering getting a remark for psych as well, just waiting until my IBDC sends me the break down...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    How can you do badly in psychology? its a doss subject anyway...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OLawyer)
    How can you do badly in psychology? its a doss subject anyway...
    Did you even do the IB? It's not considered a doss subject at all.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GlibByNature)
    Did you even do the IB? It's not considered a doss subject at all.
    I did the EB, European Baccalaureate which is very tough. And judging from friends studying psychology at university, they do little work and party and still get 2.1's or 1sts...
    • 116 followers

ReputationRep:
    I did the EB, European Baccalaureate which is very tough. And judging from friends studying psychology at university, they do little work and party and still get 2.1's or 1sts...
    EB=/=IB
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AspiringGenius)
    EB=/=IB
    When did I say the EB was the same thing as the IB?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    So's the IB. Nice source you got there by the way, your uni friends doing psychology shows that IB psychology is a doss.
    • 116 followers

ReputationRep:
    When did I say the EB was the same thing as the IB?
    Er, when you called IB Physcology a doss subject and said you did the EB implying the EB and IB are similar.

If not, you have no experience so should shut up really.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    lol that makes no sense whatsoever. I called it a doss subject because at uni, everyone does really well in it whilst doing very little work. I dont see the link between that and the EB/IB being similar.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    So's the IB. Nice source you got there by the way, your uni friends doing psychology shows that IB psychology is a doss.
    Ok sorry its obvious the IB psychology is harder than university psychology, your absolutely right.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ok sorry its obvious the IB psychology is harder than university psychology, your absolutely right.
    :facepalm2: What a stupid comparison, it's all relative isn't it? You can't compare uni level work and school level work in such a simplistic way. Also, heard of context? At uni you're there studying Psychology full-time, while with the IB you're juggling that with 5 different subjects.

You haven't done the IB so you have no idea of the course content; you can't base your argument on a couple of uni friends.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm2: What a stupid comparison, it's all relative isn't it? You can't compare uni level work and school level work in such a simplistic way. Also, heard of context? At uni you're there studying Psychology full-time, while with the IB you're juggling that with 5 different subjects.

You haven't done the IB so you have no idea of the course content; you can't base your argument on a couple of uni friends.
    5 different subjects...you wanna know how many subjects I had in my last year of EB? 13 subjects, so really the IB cant be that hard. I had final exams in Philosophy, Maths, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Latin, French, English, Spanish, Economics, Geography, History, Greek.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    5 different subjects...you wanna know how many subjects I had in my last year of EB? 13 subjects, so really the IB cant be that hard. I had final exams in Philosophy, Maths, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Latin, French, English, Spanish, Economics, Geography, History, Greek.
    I don't know enough about the EB (but at least I don't pretend to), however I doubt you study each subject to the same extent as A-levels or IB. Kinda unrelated though, since you still know nothing about IB or psychology.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I don't know enough about the EB (but at least I don't pretend to), however I doubt you study each subject to the same extent as A-levels or IB. Kinda unrelated though, since you still know nothing about IB or psychology.
    I know how the IB works as well as the grading system.
    • 116 followers

ReputationRep:
    Surely yuh don't study any of those subjects to a large extent? To be honest they must be so general they are only advanced GCSEs.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AspiringGenius)
    Surely yuh don't study any of those subjects to a large extent? To be honest they must be so general they are only advanced GCSEs.
    Not even GCSE, they're the equivalent of wwat you do in primary.
    • 116 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not even GCSE, they're the equivalent of wwat you do in primary.
    You said the EB was tough?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 10, 2011
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.