The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Interesting. It is based on four tables, assuming that it is the latest version of each:

Times: Oxford 1st, Imperial 3rd
Sunday Times: Oxford 2nd, Imperial 3rd
Telegraph: Oxford 2nd, Imperial 3rd (I'm assuming its the "table of tables" thing)
FT: Can't find this anywhere. Table of tables (2003) says that Oxford is 2nd and Imperial is 3rd

I can't work out how they put Imperial above Oxford - I can't remember a table anywhere else that had Imperial 2nd and if there was then surely there would be millions of threads about it on here?

That said, Imperial is probably at least as good as Oxford academically in the subjects that it does
To tell you the truth I don't think Oxbridge are as good as everyone says and I think they just trade in their names. I'm sure Imperial is betters Oxbridge in many subjests e.g. Medicine.
Reply 3
Imperial did come 2nd in The Times league table a few years ago, with Cambridge 1st and Oxford 3rd. :smile:
Reply 4
I find it hard to believe Birmingham is amongst the top 13 (I am there under duress)
ferrus
I find it hard to believe Birmingham is amongst the top 13 (I am there under duress)

Why do you say that?

Birmingham is a very good uni. Even a former Prime Minister went to Birmingham. All the other Prime Ministers that studied at university went to Oxbridge and Edinburgh.
Reply 6
No, cut Bham some slack. Far better than some of the universities in the country. Rightly it's not in the top 5 but I'd say top 13 is v fair.
Reply 7
Lady_Muck
No, cut Bham some slack. Far better than some of the universities in the country. Rightly it's not in the top 5 but I'd say top 13 is v fair.

Good to see York ahead of traditional rival Warwick in the league table for what its worth anyway. Hopefully with the expansion that is taking place and new departments being added the university has a good chance of breaking into the top 5.
Reply 8
ferrus
wow! I worked there and I loved it. I would've killed for a place to study there, but I missed two of my grades by a couple of marks each and was forced to find a place miles down the league :frown: . it's got a high reputation!!
Reply 9
gianthead
wow! I worked there and I loved it. I would've killed for a place to study there, but I missed two of my grades by a couple of marks each and was forced to find a place miles down the league :frown: . it's got a high reputation!!

you could have retake... I missed my A in Physics by 26 marks and I'm resitting some modules :p: (have got reasons why I performed so badly...)
Reply 10
I missed my A in Physics by 26 marks and I'm resitting some modules (have got reasons why I performed so badly...)

Wot, cos yo is thick like?
Reply 11
?¿?¿?¿?
Rock 'n' Roll
To tell you the truth I don't think Oxbridge are as good as everyone says and I think they just trade in their names. I'm sure Imperial is betters Oxbridge in many subjests e.g. Medicine.

and your evidence for this is?
I've never been told that Imperial is better for medicine (various people have said that Notts and Cam beat Oxf, but never Imperial)
Goven that they have expanded so much they can't even fit their intake into 1 lecture hall I'd imagine that their teaching would be very stretched and their staff to be working under extreme pressure untill upgrades take place.
Reply 13
Its obviously wrong - KCL is nowhere to be seen :wink:

Latest