The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Sussex university grade requirements

Hey, I'm planning to go to the University of Sussex to study BA Geography and International Development and was wondering how flexible Sussex are likely to be on their grade requirements. They have requested that i achieve AAB but I really screwed my last economics exam so I think I have AAC. I'm really commited to going to Sussex and scared i won't get in. :frown:
No-ones replied to this so i'll give it a shot.

Don't be too disappointed if you don't get in. Sussex HAS closed their clearing (according to london newspapers) pre-results day, but this may mean that they are worried about exceeding their limit of students and are more willing to be lenient with people who have firm conditional offers.
If they liked you, they may have allowed some flexibility with the offer (for example, they may have noted that you can still be accepted with AAC, in which case you'll automatically be successful).

However, I don't want to get your hopes up, i'm just saying its possible. Despite everything I just said, it is going to be an incredibly difficult year in the fight for places, and Sussex may already have a waiting list from the IB results which is why they've closed clearing.

Its always worth giving them a call if you don't get in. A friend of mine who did the IB didn't get into Sheffield but called them up and managed to talk her way in. However, please don't be too upset if it doesn't work out - at least you'll have a place at your insurance, whereas hundreds of thousands of people are going to be left with nothing.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
This may be a bit late but hopefully everything worked out for the best!
I graduated in 2007, I studied English & Film and needed AAA to get in. Sussex gave me an offer despite me being predicted ABB. I got AAB & they let me in anyway. A lot of people I knew had the same thing happen to them so hopefully it worked out for you as well!
x
Reply 3
I got in!!!!! AAB! Can't believe it. Thanks for support guys!
Original post by Paddywag
I got in!!!!! AAB! Can't believe it. Thanks for support guys!

well done!! i got in too haha see you there!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending