The Student Room Group

Biology or Physics?

So, I am not sure what I eventually want to study at Uni, possibly medicine or some type of science research/writing.

For a level I have decided to study:
History
Maths
Chemistry

But I can’t decide between biology or physics. I know biology isn’t compulsory at every Uni for medicine, however surely studying it at A-Level would give me a better chance when applying to Uni?

Also, my physics class and teacher is better than the biology class I would be in next year, so I think I would enjoy it more.

I’m unsure which to study, advice much appreciated!!
Reply 1
A lot of unis would prefer biology over physics tbh. Depends where you want to go really, but if it were me i'd pick biology, even though i love physics.
yeah i think your right, but i dont like the teacher who teaches biology and i prefer physics :/
its basically a toss up to whether i want a better chance of getting into uni or enjoying an a level course.
If you're thinking about medicine then go for biology, it's preferred and even compulsory for some unis.

If you want to do a real science, do physics.
Reply 4
Original post by Charlotte Murray
So, I am not sure what I eventually want to study at Uni, possibly medicine or some type of science research/writing.

For a level I have decided to study:
History
Maths
Chemistry

But I can’t decide between biology or physics. I know biology isn’t compulsory at every Uni for medicine, however surely studying it at A-Level would give me a better chance when applying to Uni?

Also, my physics class and teacher is better than the biology class I would be in next year, so I think I would enjoy it more.

I’m unsure which to study, advice much appreciated!!

I love physics its great at A level loads of maths application of knowledge transferrable skills. I haven't done biology but it seems to be a large amount of memorisation. Look up course requirements now so you can see whether or not you need biology. The one you enjoy more is often the one you will but more effort into and do better in it.

Physics: Lancaster 2011
Original post by k9markiii
I love physics its great at A level loads of maths application of knowledge transferrable skills. I haven't done biology but it seems to be a large amount of memorisation. Look up course requirements now so you can see whether or not you need biology. The one you enjoy more is often the one you will but more effort into and do better in it.

This.

Quick Reply

Latest