The Student Room Group

Official Physiotherapy Student Society Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
JackieS
thats alright :smile:

I got my exam results - did really well - sooooo happy!

hey, thats fab, well done you!! :biggrin:

We've got to wait until the 2nd week of Feb!!!!!! How rubbish is that?! :eek: At least I know I passed one, the anatomy practical.....the rest is anyones guess!! Pretty sure I've failed the pathology exam, the entire module was self taught!!! Totally mad way of learning but there you go.... :frown:
Reply 21
SamJL
hey, thats fab, well done you!! :biggrin:

We've got to wait until the 2nd week of Feb!!!!!! How rubbish is that?! :eek: At least I know I passed one, the anatomy practical.....the rest is anyones guess!! Pretty sure I've failed the pathology exam, the entire module was self taught!!! Totally mad way of learning but there you go.... :frown:
:biggrin: i feel much better as I was totally sure I'd failed the writen paper which was MCQ but negatively marked but got 66%!!!! 71% overal so I am v. happy :smile:
Reply 22
well done Jackie on your excellant results! :biggrin:
Reply 23
embrace
well done Jackie on your excellant results! :biggrin:

thanks :smile: start all the hard phsio stuff so might have te same luck come june lol
Reply 24
They are awesome results!!!!! WELL DONE!!!!!

Just had my practical exam today, was an absolute nightmare! Planned what I thought was a pretty good treatment plan and then got asked questions on totally different things!!! Got in a bit of a mess and then was hard to recover again! Hopefully I'll have passed and then my written will pull up my module mark, god I hate practicals-lol!
Reply 25
rugby_gal
They are awesome results!!!!! WELL DONE!!!!!

Just had my practical exam today, was an absolute nightmare! Planned what I thought was a pretty good treatment plan and then got asked questions on totally different things!!! Got in a bit of a mess and then was hard to recover again! Hopefully I'll have passed and then my written will pull up my module mark, god I hate practicals-lol!
awwww I'm sure yo di gread :smile: when do yo find out how you did? We just started our physio specific module today - oh the joy of the rotator cuff lol
Reply 26
11am 10th February! In the middle of our next placement which should be great, sure won't want to be seeing many patients in the afternoon if I've failed!!

Oh the rotator cuff-I used to loathe it until my first placement, it was all MSK based and ended up actually understanding the shoulder once I could see how everything worked in practice.
Reply 27
rugby_gal
11am 10th February! In the middle of our next placement which should be great, sure won't want to be seeing many patients in the afternoon if I've failed!!

Oh the rotator cuff-I used to loathe it until my first placement, it was all MSK based and ended up actually understanding the shoulder once I could see how everything worked in practice.
Sure you did great! What did you have to do for your practical?! Are you in the 2nd year or 1st?
Reply 28
I'm in 2nd year. For my exam I was given a paper patient who'd had an RTA resulting in peripheral nerve damage to his common peroneal nerve 12 weeks previously. He was just gaining a flicker of muscle activity in his dorsi flexors.

I had to come up with a treatment plan for him. It was a nice scenario and pretty easy really I just got messed up because the structure of the exam was different to the mock and I got told to do something I hadn't really planned for. Looking back now I think I was pretty good with the pathology and general anatomy of the affected area and how it would affect function so hopefully that will get me a pass.

I don't know how the different uni's work their practical exams but in ours you have to model for another persons exam after yours. I was modelling for a respiratory case scenario and it just seemed so much easier and the structure was allot nicer too, everyone in my year hates prac exams and the way they work, it's not a very fair system.
Reply 29
rugby_gal
I'm in 2nd year. For my exam I was given a paper patient who'd had an RTA resulting in peripheral nerve damage to his common peroneal nerve 12 weeks previously. He was just gaining a flicker of muscle activity in his dorsi flexors.

I had to come up with a treatment plan for him. It was a nice scenario and pretty easy really I just got messed up because the structure of the exam was different to the mock and I got told to do something I hadn't really planned for. Looking back now I think I was pretty good with the pathology and general anatomy of the affected area and how it would affect function so hopefully that will get me a pass.

I don't know how the different uni's work their practical exams but in ours you have to model for another persons exam after yours. I was modelling for a respiratory case scenario and it just seemed so much easier and the structure was allot nicer too, everyone in my year hates prac exams and the way they work, it's not a very fair system.
yeah we have to model for others too....................how you finding the 2nd year? what departments have you been on placement? We don't go out till the 2nd year on proper placements but we get a half day one shadowing a 3rd year which I have in 2 weeks - elderly care - how fun :wink:
Reply 30
rugby_gal

yikes, that sounds scary!! What sort of module is that?
We've got a manual therapy practical on tuesday (massage and mobilisations), I'm dreading my case study- I hope it's not too difficult! :confused:
I got exams all week next week....And I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooo Stressed out AAARG :eek: :eek:

Oh and Can I join the society?! :biggrin:

thx Chocolatepie
Reply 32
SamJL
yikes, that sounds scary!! What sort of module is that?
We've got a manual therapy practical on tuesday (massage and mobilisations), I'm dreading my case study- I hope it's not too difficult! :confused:
MASSAGE IS EASY :smile: mobilisationsd slightly less so but not too bad - I'm stuckl with bloody rotator cuff at the moment lol
Reply 33
I have my interview at Nottingham tomorrow...scary! And the Birmingham one going pear-shaped doesn't really reassure me!

Still, I've been on the Exploring Physio course since then so I'm a loit more prepared. I'll let you know how it goes...
Reply 34
Felicity9
I have my interview at Nottingham tomorrow...scary! And the Birmingham one going pear-shaped doesn't really reassure me!

Still, I've been on the Exploring Physio course since then so I'm a loit more prepared. I'll let you know how it goes...

ohhhhh good luck - I loved nottingham!
Reply 35
JackieS
ohhhhh good luck - I loved nottingham!

started the neuro compnent of my physio training today - and if you pardon the pun - GOD MY BRAIN HURTS!! There soooo meny long words and so many bits and pieces which mean feck all to me! How you students coping with neuro?
Neuro is horrible and deffo the most difficult subject there is:s-smilie: I don;t understand a thing of it so can't help you......
Reply 37
ChocolatePie
Neuro is horrible and deffo the most difficult subject there is:s-smilie: I don;t understand a thing of it so can't help you......

oh lol thanks anyway - there's just too much information
Reply 38
re neuro- I start it on weds! :eek: Did neuroanatomy last term which made no sense to me at all so god only knows how I'm going to cope with neuro physio!

What have you got this term Jackie? I've got:
cardiorespiratory physio
neuro physio
exercise therapy
electrotherapy
plus professional studies (yawn!)
Reply 39
SamJL
re neuro- I start it on weds! :eek: Did neuroanatomy last term which made no sense to me at all so god only knows how I'm going to cope with neuro physio!

What have you got this term Jackie? I've got:
cardiorespiratory physio
neuro physio
exercise therapy
electrotherapy
plus professional studies (yawn!)

We have neuroanatomy and neurophysio all combined :frown: It was waaaaaaaay over my head and we've only had one lecture :frown:

We do on module called foundations of physiotherapy practice but its subdivided into
- Neuromusculoskeletal (my favourite as I covered most of it on my last degree lol)
- Cardiorespiratory - Wohoo I get to play with my stethoscope!
- Electrotherapy
- Neuro Physio

Oh - and PAL (peer assisted learning) and shared topics with the nurses - have to do an essay for shared topics which is 20% of mark but other than that these two don't count

I don't know how I'm going to remember all those neuro words :frown:

Quick Reply