The Student Room Group

Official Physiotherapy Student Society Thread

Scroll to see replies

where's your blog JP?
doh!

sorry - didn't twig - your TSR blog
seeing I'm no longer a physio student (hurrah!) I am getting rid of my tunics (female ones) as I get to have ones with stripes next time! Does anyone here want them? They're clean but not ironed, and one has some small biro marks around the pockets where I kept forgetting to put the lid on my pen.......they're graham gardener ones size 40R.....even if I did need to keep them they don't fit anymore cos I've lost weight so they're definitely not worth me keeping. I don't want anything for them (quite glad to see the back of them to be honest!) as long as you cover the postage. I've got 3 and am quite happy to get rid of them all to one person or split them as necessary, so let me know if you're interested :smile:
Jackie - how about sticking a notice on the board at George's? Would be easier for handing them over. I think we've all got them but if there's anyone wants some more sets or has changed size since they had theirs fitted then they might be grateful
iainmacn
Jackie - how about sticking a notice on the board at George's? Would be easier for handing them over. I think we've all got them but if there's anyone wants some more sets or has changed size since they had theirs fitted then they might be grateful
Yeha I will do that but I'm nowhere near George's at the mo so if noone has them by the time I go there next then I will. Just thought they might be handy as spares for someone - I always wished I had more, 3 was never enough!
it's our last day tomorrow and I think Pete said there was major building work being done over the summer so probably nto worth it now until next term.
iainmacn
it's our last day tomorrow and I think Pete said there was major building work being done over the summer so probably nto worth it now until next term.
yeah I know he told me. I'm not that worried about gettign rid of them to be honest, will prob just bin them if noone wants them, just thought I'd be kind lol

So what does everyone have planend for the summer?
I think I'm the only one who is graduating this year, but if there is anyone else lurking on here thats interested in attending some new grad CPD workshops in London, let me know as I have some information about some that are being run at Georges (you can be from any university)
Did anyone see the article in frontline this week about making staff all wear the same uniforms? What do people think?
JackieS
Did anyone see the article in frontline this week about making staff all wear the same uniforms? What do people think?

It's absolutely moronic!

It's difficult enough to tell what job people have anyway, but to stick us all in the same uniform beggars belief. Apart from anything else the samples look like a pair of pyjamas!

And do women really want to wear something a man would wear. Apart from anything else, again, they mustn't have noticed that women have different shapes to men. So if you get something that fits round the boobs it is going to hang like a sack round the waist as men are more straight up and down.

I can understand the point about economies of scale in buying boatloads all the same but there really needs to be a clear differentiating feature about the tops. I think epaulettes in various colours with stripes depicting training year for students and stars for different grades of qualified staff would work.

And while I'm here, I'm sorry that you didn't get the job you were after, but at least you got an interview, which is good, as it shows that your application was okay, and it is experience for the next one.
Reply 1011
lol we had the new uniforms in our department the other week for a look, they're awful!! The tunics are shapless and come down much lower than the existing ones- not ideal for when you have to do a lot of moving about in physio!!:s-smilie:

Oh well could be worse, they were threatening those awful trousers that are cuffed at the bottom (and made of shell suit material!!), at least the proposed ones are slightly more flattering!

Personally I'd rather wear scrubs, they're so comforable and lightweight!:smile:
gawd knows what they'll expect us to wear by the time I graduate! I do wonder if they think about what we have to do in terms of movement when designing some of the tunics
they just look so shapeless - god its bad enough that you have to wear frumpy tunics and trousers as it is, but at least they're fitted and have a good shape. These new ones are terrible!
Another issue that occurred to me is, how can you respect someone wearing a pair of pyjamas?

There was an item on tv a few weeks ago talking about the increasing number of NHS staff being attacked. The person being inteviewed was an A&E consultant, though you would be hard-pressed to gather that from the shapeless scrubs he was wearing.

If you look scruffy and casual in any other area then you don't get treated with the same respect that you get when you are wearing smart clothing. Try walking into Harrods in scruffy jeans and a ripped t-shirt and see the reaction you get!

Perhaps, instead of looking for the cheapest option the NHS should be looking for the smartest option and see if the staff end up being treated better because they actually look like the professionals they are meant to be, rather than someone who has just got out of bed.
I agree Jingle

But I do agree that there needs to be more consistency across the board, even within individual departments - I have seen some right scruff bags on placement (including one of my educators that was wearing a tunic that she'd obviously washed with her blue trousers so it was a distinct mesh of horrid grey and faded blue), there isn't even consistency in trousers and footwear between departments and I don't think it conveys a very professional image at all. You have people wearing tunics from different suppliers so nearly everyone looks different and I've seen staff wearing tunics so horrid they look like they slept in them and came straight to work
Reply 1016
lol! I'm so glad we wear polo t-shirts....you can wash them and stick them on without ironing!! But I do miss the pockets....now if somone would invent a polo shirt with pockets that would be great!:smile:
SamJL
lol! I'm so glad we wear polo t-shirts....you can wash them and stick them on without ironing!! But I do miss the pockets....now if somone would invent a polo shirt with pockets that would be great!:smile:
ah yes the fab polo shirt! excellent invention - but very annoying lack of pockets lol
I would just like to share a photo with all you guys :biggrin:
http://www.new.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=595984&id=510534629#pid=595985

15 years worth of work and 15ks worth of debt for that badge

LOVE IT :biggrin:
Reply 1019
ha ha!! I know that feeling!:s-smilie: I don't even wear my badge.....:p:

Quick Reply

Latest