The Student Room Group

Official Physiotherapy Student Society Thread

Scroll to see replies

Oh I'm going to one too! :smile: On the 16th of March. It's a slightly different event though, and includes careers information in the evening, but I'm going because I wanna get as much information on a potential future course as poss.
Reply 101
Masterplanner
hey thanks very much guys, :smile:
i will be attending the 10th may open day, im wondering why i havnt got a un-conditional because i have all my grades etc...

you may find that technically it is unconditional as you have grades, but comes up as conditional on trac as you are expected to pass police check and health check. That happened to me mY offer letter from Georges said unconditional but my track said conditional. If you click on the conditional bit it'll say what the conditions of your offer are..............I'd bet quite abit of cahs it was CRB and health check
hey your exactly right!

This offer is subject to your obtaining Satisfactory health and criminal history checks will be required. Please send results direct to relevant Leeds Met school office. If you require accommodation please see www.leedsmet.ac.uk/fm/accomm for information about how to apply.
Reply 103
Masterplanner
hey your exactly right!

This offer is subject to your obtaining Satisfactory health and criminal history checks will be required. Please send results direct to relevant Leeds Met school office. If you require accommodation please see www.leedsmet.ac.uk/fm/accomm for information about how to apply.

damm - should have bet ya a fiver lol!
Reply 104
danni_bella
Also Fynn you should rehearse your answers to what you might think they might ask. You could suggest we ask you some questions for you to post answers too, like what made you decide to become a physio, stuff like that (prolly more complicated lol - this is just from the top of my head!).

Good luck with your massage assessment :smile:

hey guys! sorry i havent been on for ages had loads of work to do!! my assessment went well got 90% so that was pretty good!
got my interview next week:eek: just filling out the CRB form and the other bits they need. how is everyones course going?
90% is fantastic, well done Flynn! :smile: That's heaps good :yy:

Good luck with your interview. I think mines in late April, but have yet to hear back from people.

XxX
Reply 106
Fynn
hey guys! sorry i havent been on for ages had loads of work to do!! my assessment went well got 90% so that was pretty good!
got my interview next week:eek: just filling out the CRB form and the other bits they need. how is everyones course going?

congrats on your excellent result. The course is good - but am sooooooooooo tired - feeling very overworked! Electrotherapy exam in 2 weeks and an essay due (no till after easter but I want to fiish it before so I don't have to work on it over theholidays!)
Reply 107
JackieS
congrats on your excellent result. The course is good - but am sooooooooooo tired - feeling very overworked! Electrotherapy exam in 2 weeks and an essay due (no till after easter but I want to fiish it before so I don't have to work on it over theholidays!)

thanks! yea i can imagine my course is bad enough but i know im going to have to work SOOOOOO much harder next year! good luck wiv your exam and the essay! might see you next week for my interview
What is the best uni to study Physiotherapy?! I am thinking of moving to England to study there>!
Reply 109
ChocolatePie
What is the best uni to study Physiotherapy?! I am thinking of moving to England to study there>!

to be honest a physio degree is a physio degree - the difference is uni's is the more the way they teach the course rather than how they are considered..........where in England do you want to move? Aren;t you already studying physio? You do know you'll probably get no credits for what you've already done and will be expected to sit the dgeree right from the first year..........
JackieS
to be honest a physio degree is a physio degree - the difference is uni's is the more the way they teach the course rather than how they are considered..........where in England do you want to move? Aren;t you already studying physio? You do know you'll probably get no credits for what you've already done and will be expected to sit the dgeree right from the first year..........

Thx for your reply!:smile:
Yes I already study it (1st year) :smile:...My question on which uni is best was based on the fact that I noticed that they all ask diffirent demands of your highschool diploma so I thought there was a diffirence...But to be honest i don't really understand the whole school system in england with the GSCE's, A-levels etc:frown: ...and those BBA or BBB (??)etc..:confused: :frown:

ciao ChocolatePie

P.S don't know what place yet..
Reply 111
ChocolatePie
Yes I already study it (1st year) :smile:...My question on which uni is best was based on the fact that I noticed that they all ask diffirent demands of your highschool diploma so I thought there was a diffirence...But to be honest i don't really understand the whole school system in england with the GSCE's, A-levels etc:frown: ...and those BBA or BBB (??)etc..:confused: :frown:

ciao ChocolatePie

everything all changes when you apply as an non english student. You're best off contacting the unis in question and seeing what they say..............but as I said, I would imagine you would be expected to sit the course from the first yr regardless of the fact you've already done a year.........definitely conact them for advice about that too
Reply 112
danni_bella
90% is fantastic, well done Flynn! :smile: That's heaps good :yy:

Good luck with your interview. I think mines in late April, but have yet to hear back from people.

XxX

thanks!! yea my interview was ok, wasnt very long at all about 10 minutes! good luck for your interview! where are you applying to?
Reply 113
ChocolatePie

ciao ChocolatePie

if you go to the UCAS website then you can look at the universities that do physio, they usually have the grades needed for overseas students on their websites so you could have a look there? (if you havent already!!):smile: good luck with your application!!
Reply 114
Fynn
if you go to the UCAS website then you can look at the universities that do physio, they usually have the grades needed for overseas students on their websites so you could have a look there? (if you havent already!!):smile: good luck with your application!!

Hey Fynn soz I missed you at your Georges interview! Was geeking it up in he library! lol How'd it go?! Anye news?!
Reply 115
JackieS
Hey Fynn soz I missed you at your Georges interview! Was geeking it up in he library! lol How'd it go?! Anye news?!

thats ok dont worry!! the students we were with said there was a big exam so everyone was in the library!! it went ok....lots of questions about grades and the NHS but expected that!! havent heard back yet but it hasnt been a week yet so
just have to keep my fingers crossed. i liked the place though was really good and they said EVERYONE dresses up for the partys!! hardly get anyone dressing up at cov!! and only £15 for a whole year gym membership!! that has swung it for me!! how is the revision going?
Reply 116
Fynn
thats ok dont worry!! the students we were with said there was a big exam so everyone was in the library!! it went ok....lots of questions about grades and the NHS but expected that!! havent heard back yet but it hasnt been a week yet so
just have to keep my fingers crossed. i liked the place though was really good and they said EVERYONE dresses up for the partys!! hardly get anyone dressing up at cov!! and only £15 for a whole year gym membership!! that has swung it for me!! how is the revision going?

the revision? it isn't going lol Starting tonght for the exam on friday lol Its only a practical and I'm quietly confident - plus its only pass or fail so revisions is more glancing over it really!
Reply 117
JackieS
the revision? it isn't going lol Starting tonght for the exam on friday lol Its only a practical and I'm quietly confident - plus its only pass or fail so revisions is more glancing over it really!

lol trying to get a coursework done at the mo so that is stop start as usual! i liked the use of practical testing sound really good, much more up my street, i dont like theory at all!lol what is it going to consist of?
Reply 118
JackieS

hello!!!
gosh, i've just noticed how long its been since i looked on the site!!! Sorry guys (well those of you who remember me anways)

Lots of new peeps, Hi I'm LJ, was a student room addict before i got onto my course (MSc Physio-Southampton) but been hectic since it started in JAn and now , of all times i'm avoiding revision as i'm in the middle of my exam week!!!

Had my first exam today....Moving and Handling OSCE practicle...is that what you have soon Jackie??

EMQ on everything we've done so far on thurs and presentation on fri!! Then placement next week!!! ARRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Its all going too fast.....but really enjoying it too!

laters,

LJ
Reply 119
!LJ!

hello!!!
gosh, i've just noticed how long its been since i looked on the site!!! Sorry guys (well those of you who remember me anways)

Lots of new peeps, Hi I'm LJ, was a student room addict before i got onto my course (MSc Physio-Southampton) but been hectic since it started in JAn and now , of all times i'm avoiding revision as i'm in the middle of my exam week!!!

Had my first exam today....Moving and Handling OSCE practicle...is that what you have soon Jackie??

EMQ on everything we've done so far on thurs and presentation on fri!! Then placement next week!!! ARRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Its all going too fast.....but really enjoying it too!

laters,

LJ

Hey!!! OOOhhh ot sounds like you're enjoying it!! Nope, don't have a moving and handling osce - have electrotherapy! Break up for easter on friday (thank god, sopoooo very tired!)

You know, I wonder how you MSc guys do it sometimes! I'm shattered doing a three year!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending