The Student Room Group

Not getting Access results

Been told that our tutor has said he doesn't have time now to write to us letting us know what our specific grades are from the Access Course.

I'm a bit peeved as we were told before we left that we would get that, as we have to let unis know our results ourselves, to get them early. But where does this leave to accommodation? If we're not getting results of what we achieved until August, and having to send docs off to uni ourselves which presumably delay things further, it's going to be a pain in the backside getting accommodation sorted, isn't it? Be all last minute and 'whatever's left', thing, wouldn't it?
Reply 1
some unis allocate halls on a 1st come 1st served basis (eg Nottingham) others only confirm location after A-levels grades have been released but you should be able to apply for uni accomodation in advance of you getting your results. it might be a good idea to do that even if you don't really want to live in halls, so that you have a back up in case your results come through late.
Reply 2
I was just wondering, have you picked up your folder with all your coursework in it? On my access course just before the examiner came in our teacher sat down with us and went through each of the units we completed and listed the grades for the corresponding units. It is a list that we signed at the front of our folders. I checked with the admissions people at my first choice and they said that this would be acceptable to be used as proof of my results. We get our official certificate in August and when that comes through I will forward this on to the uni too.

I hope that helps!
Reply 3
That's a bit mean of the tutor! If it was me I wouldn't let up until I had my grade profile! If I needed that info, then I would expect to get it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending