The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
It sounds ridiculous to me but hey - if he actually loves the subjects and can do well in them and have a life - credit to the guy!
Why would he do GNVQ science and GCSE biology, chemistry and physics, other than just to show off?
kellywood_5
Why would he do GNVQ science and GCSE biology, chemistry and physics, other than just to show off?

:ditto:
Doing 4 in year 12, teaching myself Law as a 5th...just out of interest really :smile:
I don't think that GNVQ's or NVQs should be counted as 4 gcse's each - they normally just do some coursework for it!
And for 4 gcse's, there's a lot of coursework, and about 8 exams...

People say they did xyz gcse's, but really they only did 10!!...
Reply 85
I doubt he will be able to get As in every-single subject, because he will have **** loads of coursework to do at the same time.

Yeah!!

Hats off to you :biggrin:
Well done

(PS: Belgian is not a language

I know its not, but I was not sure about which part of Belgium speaks what language and I was too lazy to check it out.
Reply 87
One of my best friends did 5 AS's, an A2, an AEA and a GCSE last year (year 12) which I thought was totally mad but she's just very good at time management and incredibly clever... she ended up with straight A's, AEA distinction and A* in the GCSE.

But 10 AS levels?? Thats just unneccessary work!
Berck, I'm gonna end up with 8 when I'm done.
Reply 89
Listen peeps......diz person doin da 10 AS Levels n 21 GCSE's is me

My name is Hamza Abib, i've juss turned 17 2monthz ago, and im gon inform u a bit.....

yes! i've done da 'equilavent' of 21GCSE's.....4 those whu wondered what ma subjects were, it woz:
GNVQ Science = Distinction
GNVQ ICT = Distinction
Dutch = A*
English Lit. = A*
English Lang. = A
R.E = A*
Maths = A*
Biology = B
Chemistry = B
Applied Business = BB
History = B
German = B
Physics = C
Statistics = C
AS ICT = B (a few markz of an A)

So those were ma GCSE results......hope y'all werent 2 disappointed if u woz expecting betta.....

Nxt Issue, ma colleges......yes i go 3colleges.....
ma time table on monday n tuesday is 9-9, on wednesday 9-1, thursday 10-6, friday 9-4
diz averages out 2 34 hrz a week, meaning daz about da same i hav 2 du at home.....
it mite seem a lot, and it is, bt itz time-consuming.......i've gt a social life...more den most ppl if i may say so maself.....bt daz becuz i wanted 2 du so many AS Levels n woz redy 4 whateva it had 2 bring me....
howeva, i received an ultimatum frm my colleges.......either i drop out (some courses) or i get kicked out (of college), becauase they said that i woz following a programme dat didnt exist and dey wondered hw i gt thru their system.......after weekz of discussions, i decided 2 make diz a bit less, so after Christmas Holidays (2days left), im gon drop 2 subject....Law and Critical Thinking, which leaves me with:
Psychology
Maths
English Lit.
Economics
Biology
Chemistry
Dutch
ICT

a lot of you may think im cocky or stupid or dumb or anyfin else 4 choosing so much, bt what i wanna ask is........if you wish 2 reach your full potential and wish to explore your limits and expand dem, what or whu is stopping you from achieving or atleast attempting this? I ask myself this question everyday and try to find new ways of doing this everytime, and yes, 8 AS Levels is still a lot, bt i do wish 2 get gud gradez 4 all of dem........n as far as i knw, i dnt think any Uni's would deny some1 who is ambitious enough to do more then required.......as far as i remember, dey actually praise this fact and look more favourably 2wardz u, however, da more subjectz meanz da more excellent gradez they require! But i hope this gave a lot of you a bit more insight, and please, do reply if you have any questionz!

Hamza
LilMac
Listen peeps......diz person doin da 10 AS Levels n 21 GCSE's is me

My name is Hamza Abib, i've juss turned 17 2monthz ago, and im gon inform u a bit.....

yes! i've done da 'equilavent' of 21GCSE's.....4 those whu wondered what ma subjects were, it woz:
GNVQ Science = Distinction
GNVQ ICT = Distinction
Dutch = A*
English Lit. = A*
English Lang. = A
R.E = A*
Maths = A*
Biology = B
Chemistry = B
Applied Business = BB
History = B
German = B
Physics = C
Statistics = C
AS ICT = B (a few markz of an A)

So those were ma GCSE results......hope y'all werent 2 disappointed if u woz expecting betta.....

Nxt Issue, ma colleges......yes i go 3colleges.....
ma time table on monday n tuesday is 9-9, on wednesday 9-1, thursday 10-6, friday 9-4
diz averages out 2 34 hrz a week, meaning daz about da same i hav 2 du at home.....
it mite seem a lot, and it is, bt itz time-consuming.......i've gt a social life...more den most ppl if i may say so maself.....bt daz becuz i wanted 2 du so many AS Levels n woz redy 4 whateva it had 2 bring me....
howeva, i received an ultimatum frm my colleges.......either i drop out (some courses) or i get kicked out (of college), becauase they said that i woz following a programme dat didnt exist and dey wondered hw i gt thru their system.......after weekz of discussions, i decided 2 make diz a bit less, so after Christmas Holidays (2days left), im gon drop 2 subject....Law and Critical Thinking, which leaves me with:
Psychology
Maths
English Lit.
Economics
Biology
Chemistry
Dutch
ICT

a lot of you may think im cocky or stupid or dumb or anyfin else 4 choosing so much, bt what i wanna ask is........if you wish 2 reach your full potential and wish to explore your limits and expand dem, what or whu is stopping you from achieving or atleast attempting this? I ask myself this question everyday and try to find new ways of doing this everytime, and yes, 8 AS Levels is still a lot, bt i do wish 2 get gud gradez 4 all of dem........n as far as i knw, i dnt think any Uni's would deny some1 who is ambitious enough to do more then required.......as far as i remember, dey actually praise this fact and look more favourably 2wardz u, however, da more subjectz meanz da more excellent gradez they require! But i hope this gave a lot of you a bit more insight, and please, do reply if you have any questionz!

Hamza

I have a question.. how did you get an A in english through talking like an utter moron?
Reply 91
I guess i did! I woz expecting n hoping 4 a B, but the examiner's obviously thought my work to be better then i actually thought myself! and to think of the fact that i've only been in this country 4 4.5yrz nw! Lolz....
LilMac
I guess i did! I woz expecting n hoping 4 a B, but the examiner's obviously thought my work to be better then i actually thought myself! and to think of the fact that i've only been in this country 4 4.5yrz nw! Lolz....

Yes...
Reply 93
What did u get 4 english den? :smile:
LilMac
What did u get 4 english den? :smile:

The same, the difference between me and you is I can hold a conversation without reverting to idiotic colloqualisms such as 'den' 'dat' and 'dis'.
Reply 95
Well, so can i, but i just prefer not to, as i like to use 'idiotic colloqualisms such as "den" "dat" and "dis"'!
and that is not the difference between me and you, because it seems that you, for some reason, wish to compare yourself with me in a negative manner, where as i wish to continue this in a positive manner, although it might be better to leave out the whole comparison issue!
LilMac
Well, so can i, but i just prefer not to, as i like to use 'idiotic colloqualisms such as "den" "dat" and "dis"'!
and that is not the difference between me and you, because it seems that you, for some reason, wish to compare yourself with me in a negative manner, where as i wish to continue this in a positive manner, although it might be better to leave out the whole comparison issue!

*sigh*

People...
Reply 97
Hehehehehe..........but anywhu......gud luck with ur education homie! Sfe!
LilMac
Hehehehehe..........but anywhu......gud luck with ur education homie! Sfe!

Good luck to you too, for other things...
Reply 99
lolz.....such as? if i may ask?

Latest