The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough 2012 Freshers + FAQ/Info

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hey guys I'm thinking of putting down Loughborough as a choice however I'm afraid I won get in with the grades, what are your grades for chemical engineering? I got ABB but retaking one subject to make AAB
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Damn. I didn't realise you needed a 'B' for GCSE maths O_o I thought I checked everything.
Do you think I'll be automatically rejected?
Predicted:A*AA
(For English)
(I'm just really terrible at maths)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 22
Anyone applying for Product Design?
Reply 23
Original post by doubled99
Hey! anyone else applying for chemical engineering? i'm definitely putting loughborough as either firm or insurance, i loved the campus, and plus i'm a very sporty person so all those amazing sporting facilities would be handy :biggrin:

I amm XD
Reply 24
Original post by sato1212
I amm XD
ohh what are your predicted grades and where else you applying :smile:
Reply 25
Original post by ashpaul
anyone doing aeronautical engineering?

Hi, I applied for Aero last year and started a couple of weeks ago, so I can answer most questions you might have about the first few weeks of the course :smile:
Reply 26
ohh what are your predicted grades and where else you applying :smile:

I got AAB last year so this year hopefully ill start revising a bit earlier and push it up to A*A*A and im applying for surrey not sure where else yet. What about youu?
Reply 27
I got AAB last year so this year hopefully ill start revising a bit earlier and push it up to A*A*A and im applying for surrey not sure where else yet. What about youu?

i also got AAB last year, managed to get an A*AA prediction (got really high UMS in maths :biggrin:). im applying to birmingham, manchester, UCL and newcastle also :smile: your predicted grades are really high, are you considering oxbridge or ICL? id strongly recommend birmingham to you :smile:
im applying for chem Beng, and they want ABB and thats exactly what im predicted :smile:
Reply 29
i also got AAB last year, managed to get an A*AA prediction (got really high UMS in maths :biggrin:). im applying to birmingham, manchester, UCL and newcastle also :smile: your predicted grades are really high, are you considering oxbridge or ICL? id strongly recommend birmingham to you :smile:

your predicted really high as well! and I was thinking about oxbridge or ICL but I don't really have any of the extra curricular things that you need to go there and I don't want to spend 4 years of my life bored out of my mind as im not really an oxbridge type student.

Yeahh birmingham doesn't look too bad I think I might have to put that as one of my 5! :smile:
Reply 30
I amm XD

Original post by pakizrulez
im applying for chem Beng, and they want ABB and thats exactly what im predicted :smile:

also applying to chemical engineering, got ABB :s-smilie: but gonna try and make it AAB now in january since i already have my grades.

Do you think Loughborough will give me an offer for Beng? since i DO have the minimum grade requirments however competition seems tough with people with high grades.
Reply 31
Original post by ru7lan
also applying to chemical engineering, got ABB :s-smilie: but gonna try and make it AAB now in january since i already have my grades.

Do you think Loughborough will give me an offer for Beng? since i DO have the minimum grade requirments however competition seems tough with people with high grades.

Yeah its defiantly worth a go, you have the advantage over others that you already have the grades so i could see you being given an unconditional offer even without the jan retakes.
Reply 32
Applying for Mathsssssss here xD
Reply 33
Yeah its defiantly worth a go, you have the advantage over others that you already have the grades so i could see you being given an unconditional offer even without the jan retakes.

well its worth a try and by the way i made a thread called 'Chemical engineering application thread 2012' since there is none yet for chemical engineering :P

and also one quick question, if i lets say apply for a MEng course and dont make it, will they consider me for a BEng course?
Reply 34
I'm applying to do Psychology the 4 year one, I visited it on the open day and i really liked it. hoping to visit there again so I can ask loads more questions!
Reply 35
Has anyone received offers from loughbrough yet? I've applied for MChem and received an email saying they've acknowledged my application but don't know when I will be hearing about offers.
well i sent my application off last week, but as im not applying to oxbridge my referee basically said she wont look at it until after the oxbridge deadline because she'll be busy with the oxbridge applicants until then (there are only 4 of them however -_-) btw im going for the Meng with a year in industry hopefully :smile:

I sent mine off on the 10th October, only got an email from them yesterday I believe it was.

Do you know how long it takes for them to give offers?

I'm applying for Civil Engineering :biggrin:
Original post by Rickylee
Has anyone received offers from loughbrough yet? I've applied for MChem and received an email saying they've acknowledged my application but don't know when I will be hearing about offers.

No idea, I'm wondering this too, I sent mine on the 10th October and only yesterday got the acknowledgement email..
Reply 38
Original post by SomeoneIveNeverMet
I sent mine off on the 10th October, only got an email from them yesterday I believe it was.

Do you know how long it takes for them to give offers?

I'm applying for Civil Engineering :biggrin:

well mines still sitting with my referee so not been sent off yet :frown: and no idea sorry
well mines still sitting with my referee so not been sent off yet :frown: and no idea sorry

Oh that sucks! :frown:

And I hate waiting for replies, I'm too impatient! xD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending