The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough 2012 Freshers + FAQ/Info

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dudleyian
Er yeah that hall is usually full of "rah's" etc :tongue: ditto Rigg-Rutt, and Falk Egg is the worst in my view in terms of facilities.

I'd go for something inbetween such as Harry French, Bill Mo, Faraday, Telford, Cayley etc.

Ahh but I want to go for one of the pretty modern ones :P
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by Georgiana1605
Ahh but I want to go for one of the pretty modern ones :P

Yeah OK e.g. Robert Bakewell is good; lovely accommodation but it is quieter and doesn't have the same hall spirit that other halls do.
Reply 102
Original post by hels
I've applied for product design engineering!

Saw you in the product design thread haha, are you going for the 4 year sandwich course?
Original post by Jeeves_90
Anybody else for Accounting and Financial Management

mate im in a fresher doing accounting and financial management. so if you have any questions just chuck them at me do my best to answer them :smile:
Original post by IanLim93
mate im in a fresher doing accounting and financial management. so if you have any questions just chuck them at me do my best to answer them :smile:

Finally one person!! lol.....How you finding the course mate?.......Im from Coventry and Im looking to commute by car (personal reasons) do reckon thats possible with the timetable..... Ive got an Unconditional from Bham aswell but I really dont wanna go thier and Aston uni is a complete **** hole.....what are you looking to go into?

:smile:
regards
Original post by Jeeves_90
Finally one person!! lol.....How you finding the course mate?.......Im from Coventry and Im looking to commute by car (personal reasons) do reckon thats possible with the timetable..... Ive got an Unconditional from Bham aswell but I really dont wanna go thier and Aston uni is a complete **** hole.....what are you looking to go into?

:smile:
regards

The course is going alright. I reckon if you keep on top of your notes and pay attention you should be fine. It's week 6 now i already handed one piece of coursework in for IT for professional development, law piece due in monday and quantitative methods for business cw due in december. Also depends on what a levels you done b4 or other qualifications? Havin done economics before i feel a lot more comtarble with the module and more inclined to not take notes or not pay attention :P

If i were you i would seriously re-consider that. For example I have a 9 am lecture and my next one is at 2 till 6. I get 12/16 hours a week depending on the week. Lectures can be quite spread out as well.

The uni itself is great. The student union is the best in the country for a reason. Great fun! If you consider living in the halls go for bill mo :biggrin:
Reply 106
I've got an offer for International Relations- BBB/ABC. Is anyone else planning to study IR at Loughborough?
Hey there guys and girls!

Anyone on here applied for Air Transport Management at all?

I have been offered a place, which I will be taking :biggrin:! Delighted to be getting in.

At 22 and having being at University before (and enjoying myself far too much) I can't wait to get there now!

Finally found the course for me. If anyone can offer some advice on what the halls are like that would be great. Got an open day on the 30th November which will hopefully give me a stronger indication on where to stay.

For those of you waiting for offers and for those with them, best of luck to you all :smile:!
Just received a letter in the post saying I will be receiving an offer for the Mechanical Engineering course within the next few days! It doesn't say the conditions on it though, so will update here when I find out!
Reply 109
Hey! Anyone got chemical engineering MEng offer yet? I think lufbra gunna be my insurance ; predicted A*AA - sent off application 2 weeks ago :redface: .

Lemme Know if ya applyin for chem eng!! XD
anybody else waiting for an acknowledgement?
Original post by alittlehelp
anybody else waiting for an acknowledgement?

yep i am, i sent my application off on tuesday
Reply 112
Original post by youssef.i
Just received a letter in the post saying I will be receiving an offer for the Mechanical Engineering course within the next few days! It doesn't say the conditions on it though, so will update here when I find out!

Same! :smile: Have you got anything on track yet though? Cos i'm quite worried, got the letter last week, but still haven't got anything from ucas...
Original post by vb93
Same! :smile: Have you got anything on track yet though? Cos i'm quite worried, got the letter last week, but still haven't got anything from ucas...

Same here, it's been a week but still no update on track! I'm starting to think they sent the letter to the wrong person :tongue: But if it doesn't update by the end of the week I'll probably give them a ring and double check everything with them :smile:
Just got an Offer for English 6 minutes ago. :biggrin:
AAB in any combination :smile:

Applied 11th October in case anyone wants to know :smile:
Reply 115
Just got an offer for Mathematics with Management!
AA in Maths and Further Maths, already got B in Religious Studies A2 last year which they have counted :smile:
Original post by vb93

Ignore my last reply, it came through on track! ABB conditions with Maths and Physics (I'm doing the BEng hoping to transfer to the MEng after the first year!)
Reply 117
I just got an offer to study Psychology at Loughborough, AAB conditons !
Original post by youssef.i
Ignore my last reply, it came through on track! ABB conditions with Maths and Physics (I'm doing the BEng hoping to transfer to the MEng after the first year!)

well done. what are you predicted btw
"Specific grade achievement in individual AS or A level units is not a requirement at offer stage. However, individual unit grades may be taken into consideration when exam results are received if the offer conditions are not initially met. "
does this mean they will only look at our AS grades if were predicted lower grades than they want?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending