The Student Room Group

For how long are SQA highers valid?

sorry if this has been asked before. i sat my first set of highers at school in 2007, and most recently sat my second set of highers in 2011.

any help much appreciated,

cheers.
Valid? :confused: They don't expire, although as they get more distant in time, obviously other things like further study and work experience become more important.
Reply 2
Original post by TheUnbeliever

Valid? :confused: They don't expire, although as they get more distant in time, obviously other things like further study and work experience become more important.

Do you know, if you resit a Higher and get a lower grade than the first sitting, whether the higher grade or the most recent sitting is your "actual" grade from then on?
Original post by Armaros
Do you know, if you resit a Higher and get a lower grade than the first sitting, whether the higher grade or the most recent sitting is your "actual" grade from then on?

Disclaimer: Not the foggiest, so what follows is speculation.

I imagine you technically have two qualifications, whether your resit improves things or not. It's then down to you as to what you feel is appropriate - in most cases, you could probably get away with just giving the higher grade. I think you may be meant to list both on UCAS (since you list a year for each qualification awarded).

If your certificate lists both, then this is very likely the case. But, like I say, it's not something I or any of my friends did so I have no real idea. This probably isn't very helpful, sorry!
Reply 4

Disclaimer: Not the foggiest, so what follows is speculation.

I imagine you technically have two qualifications, whether your resit improves things or not. It's then down to you as to what you feel is appropriate - in most cases, you could probably get away with just giving the higher grade. I think you may be meant to list both on UCAS (since you list a year for each qualification awarded).

If your certificate lists both, then this is very likely the case. But, like I say, it's not something I or any of my friends did so I have no real idea. This probably isn't very helpful, sorry!

Thanks for that! :biggrin:
It certainly seems likely.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending