The Student Room Group

Gonna be starting Psychology in September, any advice on how to prepare?

Just wondering if I could do anything productive during this Holiday, feels weird doing nothing after all that A-level revision! So yeah, what advice would you Psychology students give to a poor little almost-fresher :rolleyes:

Ps. I've done A-level psych, so I have a basic understanding of the approaches and stuff (or so I like to think, could be completely different at uni..)

Cheers!
I would like to know to. I'm basically just reading through a intro neuroscience book atm since a level psych doesn't really go into any detail about biopsych. (http://www.sfn.org/skins/main/pdf/brainfacts/2008/brain_facts.pdf).
Reply 2
I would just do stuff for interests sake. There is no set text on 'psychology', the subject is insanely bored. Read blogs/ watch TED videos/ keep up to date with areas of interest. There will be plenty of time to slog through dry text books on the course :P I would be far more impressed talking to someone who appears to have a natural interest in the subject than someone who has managed to read all the core text books.

Quick Reply

Latest