meeee! I'm very excited.
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
yay ive found someone ! Lincoln?
Reply 3
Im being a bit thick today ha. Of course its Lincoln your going as we are in the Lincoln forum !! I wonder if i saw you at interview, I would love to know the timetable as i have children to sort childcare out for. What do you do and have you done access?
Reply 4
my interview was one of the last days i think, i cant remember the exact date, but i got my confirmation letter 23rd march so it was before then :P

I'm a bit nerdy and i've been wanting a reading list or something for me to start on while i;m waiting, unfortunately i'm unemployed at the moment but i did some volunteering for citizens advice which is how i got into wanting to do social work. I'm a bit mature at 24 but i think that helps a bit, remembering how i was at 18 i dont think i'd have been very good at doing this!

I didn't do access but i did retake my maths and science gcses because i wasn't up to scratch really.
Reply 5
I got a book by Nigel Horner recommended at interview, called what is social work, can get from ebay. If you think you are mature, im 40 in Aug with a young mind however lol and apparantly look 30 but im not so sure about that. I did access to gain entry to uni. Did you do some A levels previous then? I work at Catch 22 in Boston volunteering for homeless youngsters in a hostel with some social issues and will probably be doing one day a week paid work alongside uni. Will you be going on the train or driving? If you would like to go with someone on the first day we can meet up if youd like, i met a girl at interview but i told her i was deferring until 2012 which i did originally. I decided at the last minute to undefer so ive just sorted out my student finance.
Reply 6
I'm starting this year - Social Work at Lincoln :smile:
Reply 7
hooray! we're the cool kids :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest