Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

my mate has a thing for me (I'm a guy)

Announcements Posted on
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014

(Original post by DiscoPirate)
    Nah, add beer/nachos/pizza and it'll just appear like a standard lads night in.
    thanks man
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    This reminds me of John Paul and Craig from Hollyoaks.

he keeps sending me kissing faces when telling me goodnight. lol
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's not gay when it's in a threeway, It's not gay when it's in a threeway.
    With a honey in the middle there's a leeway!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It does sound as if he likes you, but if you ask him about it i'm sure he'll tell the truth and if he does like you, it's not the end of the world... or your friendship. A guy liking you is no different to a girl liking you that you don't have feelings for :/ yeah it can be awkward at first, but if they like your company and your friendship enough these things will work themselves out
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bromance LOL!

(Original post by imaeachu)
    It does sound as if he likes you, but if you ask him about it i'm sure he'll tell the truth and if he does like you, it's not the end of the world... or your friendship. A guy liking you is no different to a girl liking you that you don't have feelings for :/ yeah it can be awkward at first, but if they like your company and your friendship enough these things will work themselves out
    thank you!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    thank you!
    awwh no problem
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    well u know, I'm not homophobic or anything, but as far as I can tell, I'm attracted to women only, so that makes me straight. However, for some particular strange reason, I feel really close to my mate. We've been friends for 2 months now but we're so close and I know many things about him. (now I know there was a similar thread done here by someone a month ago, I'm in the same situation)

Anyway, maybe I'm imagining things, but he really likes my company (when he can be hanging out and chilling with his other male friends). He jokes about us making out and stuff, and I smile back or laugh (in a weird strange way I wouldn't mind, but it's weird since I'm not into guys)

Anyway, that's not the point. I know you guys can't judge, but I mean I personally think he's just messing around, and doesnt mean it. Even when we're sitting and our legs touch and he doesnt do anything or acts like he's not aware, or when he sends kisses in his text (not a big deal also since guys do that to each other). He talks about his emotions and how he feels (and told me how he fell in love with this girl and then thought he loved her but just wants to be her friend, blah blah blah, and then he was like lol ok enough talkin bout emotions I feel gay! and once I did a huge favor for him and he was like I freakin love u man and stuff like those. Doesnt mean anything tbh, right?

So yeah, I don't wanna misinterpret anything or ruin our great friendship. He does so many things for me, cares a lot, wants me to talk to him when I have problems. He rarely does this to his other guy mates. SO i just dont know.

Help? Sry if it was long
    "as far as I can tell, I'm attracted to women only"

try your mate. then make up mind.

Pissed him off today
    Me and this girl we were supposed to go out with him, all three of us. So he was sleeping, and the girl was like go wake him up. I knocked on his door, called, etc.
    He got really angry, but he didn't show it. I sent a message to the girl saying he's pissed! But accidentally it got sent to him!! And he was like way sending to wrong convo. I've never felt more embarrassed! Now he hates me :sad:

I have the kind of friendship as you do with this guy with a girl (I'm also a girl) and I experience the curious thoughts you have too I don't think I'm bi or gay as I'm not attracted to her I'm just glad I have her in my life as she's the bestest friend ever! It's normal to wonder everyone does - just see where it goes but I think it's just a bromance!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Pissed him off today
    Me and this girl we were supposed to go out with him, all three of us. So he was sleeping, and the girl was like go wake him up. I knocked on his door, called, etc.
    He got really angry, but he didn't show it. I sent a message to the girl saying he's pissed! But accidentally it got sent to him!! And he was like way sending to wrong convo. I've never felt more embarrassed! Now he hates me :sad:
    Why was he annoyed that you went to wake him up?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like he's just a great mate, though from the tone it's as if you want something that's not there lol.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm just enjoying this friendship of ours , but he makes it so hard, with the innuendos and I keep thinking those are "hints" and he's just scared to say something or be honest with me.
    • 47 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oi

(Original post by hatemylife)
    Why was he annoyed that you went to wake him up?
    well cuz he was up for more than 24 hours, and me and this girl wanted to go watch a movie, and we wanted him to come, so yeah I woke him up :blush:

Anyway, he got better after. He wasn't that pissed. We had fun in the car and we watched a great movie. He was sitting in the middle and me and the girl were beside him. I felt, I don't know, that he was turning closer to me (but maybe I was imagining it?) I just kept thinking bout u TSRians on this thread and telling me you never know, he might surprise you; so I kinda tried edging close to see his reaction. Nothing. He didn't move. Our shoulders were touching, but that's all. Also, he looked at me, touched my head quickly, and just smiled. Dont know what that was about haha
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    well cuz he was up for more than 24 hours, and me and this girl wanted to go watch a movie, and we wanted him to come, so yeah I woke him up :blush:

Anyway, he got better after. He wasn't that pissed. We had fun in the car and we watched a great movie. He was sitting in the middle and me and the girl were beside him. I felt, I don't know, that he was turning closer to me (but maybe I was imagining it?) I just kept thinking bout u TSRians on this thread and telling me you never know, he might surprise you; so I kinda tried edging close to see his reaction. Nothing. He didn't move. Our shoulders were touching, but that's all. Also, he looked at me, touched my head quickly, and just smiled. Dont know what that was about haha
    This thread is so damn cute, it made my crappy evening a lot better!

(Original post by bluesky42)
    This thread is so damn cute, it made my crappy evening a lot better!
    really? :blush: Thank you. I'm glad it did haha
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm the future, when you're together, please write a book about this. I've become obsessed with this thread XD
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    and once I did a huge favor for him and he was like I freakin love u man

What kind of favour was this?
Updated: March 27, 2013
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.