Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Game of Thrones and A Song of Ice and Fire

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pandora.)
    I'm interested in these books...exactly how much "sex and gore" is there? It's highly likely that if I leave a book lying around, my parents might pick it up (or worse - my grandma :eek4:). Not that it puts me off reading them though.
    Personally I don't think it's too bad, but others have said it's quite explicit! Perhaps I read too much smut. :cool:
    • 77 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fjarskafinn)
    Personally I don't think it's too bad, but others have said it's quite explicit! Perhaps I read too much smut. :cool:
    Haha thanks!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pandora.)
    Haha thanks!
    Yeah unless your parents are completely ridiculous you should be fine, there is nothing horrendous in them
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tface)
    While it isn't as good as the others, by no means is it a bad book. The main complaint is that it spends a lot of time with characters that people don't really care for that much. I thoroughly enjoyed it despite that .
    My main complaint is (im only 700 pages through it)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Too much Brienne when we know where Arya and Sansa are, I dont want 25 chapters on her looking in the wrong place for them
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scotttb)
    My main complaint is (only 700 pages through it)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Too much Brienne when we know where Arya and Sansa are, I dont want 25 chapters on her looking in the wrong place for them
    Possibly the most frustrating thing in the book, I agree.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm now 66% of the way through the first book. Getting there slowly but surely. Some of the characters are really irritating me. I want to give them a good, hard smack.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I should really stop imagining nearly a quarter of the characters to be Brian Blessed.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dobbys sock)
    I want to give them a good, hard smack.
    tell me more.

haha.. some of the characters annoyed me a lot, jaime for e.g, now 5 books down the line he's probably my favorite character.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natsworthy)
    I should really stop imagining nearly a quarter of the characters to be Brian Blessed.
    I always pictured Robert as Brian Blessed and read his parts in the voice

I've just started ADWD!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrJoeyUK)
    tell me more.

haha.. some of the characters annoyed me a lot, jaime for e.g, now 5 books down the line he's probably my favorite character.
    I'm guessing he doesn't die then He doesn't annoy me at the moment, probably because he hasn't been in the book much. Viserys irritated me. Not because he's a nasty little **** but because he kept refering to himself as the dragon. No one touches the dragon, no one does this to the dragon, you don't want to release the dragon. Grrr. And little Robert. And Lysa. And Sansa.

Hoping to finish book one tonight and then I'll go buy the rest in town tomorrow, I think. I feel like I have to rush through them so I don't get spoiled, lol.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hoping to finish book one tonight and then I'll go buy the rest in town tomorrow, I think. I feel like I have to rush through them so I don't get spoiled, lol.
    I made the mistake of reading through the wiki and I accidentally read so many spoilers so and so is going to die by the end of this book, etc.. it made me so mad.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing he doesn't die then He doesn't annoy me at the moment, probably because he hasn't been in the book much. Viserys irritated me. Not because he's a nasty little **** but because he kept refering to himself as the dragon. No one touches the dragon, no one does this to the dragon, you don't want to release the dragon. Grrr. And little Robert. And Lysa. And Sansa.

*wake
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    You know you've read too much of these books when you start using phrases from them in real life. For example, i said a girl I know was as useful as nipples on a breastplate
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harley)
    You know you've read too much of these books when you start using phrases from them in real life. For example, i said a girl I know was as useful as nipples on a breastplate
    Watching the first series on TV had me in the habit of saying "Seven Hells!"
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tface)
    Watching the first series on TV had me in the habit of saying "Seven Hells!"
    Now I like threatening to chop someone's cock off and feed it to the goats. :cool:
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fjarskafinn)
    Now I like threatening to chop someone's cock off and feed it to the goats. :cool:
    Or you could have them made into a stew?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing he doesn't die then He doesn't annoy me at the moment, probably because he hasn't been in the book much. Viserys irritated me. Not because he's a nasty little **** but because he kept refering to himself as the dragon. No one touches the dragon, no one does this to the dragon, you don't want to release the dragon.
    If you said that to his face you would definetly wake the dragon. :pierre:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    After reading A Game of Thrones in like 3-4 days, the font in A Clash of Kings seems really new and strange haha. Got a feeling I'm going to fall in love with this series
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    may the others take me if its true, but i think im addicted to these books.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    2/3 of the way through Book 2. I wonder when Dany finally gets her motley army together and sails to get her throne (guessing Dance with Dragons judging by the name).

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 22, 2014
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered books, literature & poetry threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.