The Student Room Group

Girls-what do you eat?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by silent
Ah, I've tried that on a whim before (the genius stuff). It's got a strange hard plastic texture as opposed to normal springy bread, and is basically tasteless. Maybe you've tried a better brand idk.

Well I don't really have a choice! I'm just used to it now. I can remember the taste of everything, I was only diagnosed when I was 13 so that probably makes it harder! I get one made from wheat with the gluten removed which I think is better than the other hard ones. he rest of my family and friends think it's awful though. It is better if you heat them before eating (which restaurants never do if they serve GF bread, it's annoying). Admittedly they do smell a bit bad though!
At uni it normally goes something like this:
Breakfast - slice of toast with peanut butter, and a banana on the way to lectures
Lunch - either whatever is in the canteen, or soup/tortellini at home
Dinner - either whatever is in the canteen, or something at home like spaghetti bolognaise, jacket potato and chilli, sausages and homemade chips. Often a M&S ready meal if they're on offer
Snacks - small bag of crisps and small chocolate bar or a couple of biscuits; microwave popcorn if I'm watching a film with the boyfriend

Home:
Usually skip breakfast, because I'm rarely up before half 11
Lunch - cheese and ham/salami/chicken toastie, with salad and a small bag of crisps
Dinner - whatever the family are having; normally something like pasta bake, crudites with pitta and dips, Spanish tortilla, Quorn curry, stir fry
Snacks - I don't tend to have proper snacks, but I will pick at a bag of grated cheese if there's one open in the fridge (cheese is my diet downfall!)

If I do any exercise (which is rare!), it's half an hour run round the neighbourhood, following the C25K program, or half an hour on mum's cross-trainer while watching TV.

I try to watch calories, but it's more difficult at home because I'm not buying my own food. And I'm nibbling on grated cheese all day...
Today,

No breakfast (I usually have them though), since I was alone and couldn't be bothered.

Lunch - Leftover sushi, a small yoghurt

Dinner - Out to dinner with friends. Ate a massive amount and cannot recall exactly.

So yeah, my eating habits are pretty unhealthy. I starve myself half to death in the morning and over-eat dinner.
I am odd in that I actually adore Veg. So because the bulk ingredients of my meals are healthy ones, I let myself have bigger portions and feel totally indulgent. :biggrin:

For breakfast I usually have a large bowl of oats (cooked with water, not milk as I don't really like it too creamy or sweet early in the morning) with a few strawberries.
Then for lunch I have about 120kal worth of protein stir-fried with a wide variety of veg (usually tuna, turkey breast or quorn).
And then for dinner I'll have 50g quorn in a sauce with more veg.
I snack on Alpen bars, mini milks, iced gems and little yoghurts.

:biggrin:
Reply 64
As long as it does not include pork, seafood, vegetables (only carrots, corn, and broccoli- I'm picky, I know), or sandwiches (I don't like them), I'm good to go.

Typically though, I eat alot of fruit, chicken and beef- at least two, usually three times a day, rice, or soup, etc. And ice cream or milk and cookies. I eat pretty much how I did when I was a kid and my mother screams 'gluttony' at me, but I like eating. I'm skinny now, and looking at my mother, I can have a few kids and eat what I like and still be skinny, so I'll continue that.
Usually..

Crunchy Nut in the morning, light sandwich at work, perhaps with a go ahead bar, and if I'm not feeling peckish in the evening I'll just have a bowl of cereal, otherwise veggie pie with mash and peas/ veggie pizza/ boiled egg with salad/ halloumi with salad... you get the drift :tongue:

I may even slip a chocolate bar/ ice cream in but I do regular excercise at the gym or outdoor running so I make sure I burn it off. I'm addicted to peanut butter and nutella sandwiches at the moment aswell, wish I had never tried that combo to begin with, but I hope it's just a phase.

During PMT I'll eat pretty much anything though!
Totally just eat anything i fancy :smile: nothing wrong with that as long as you dont do it to excess!
Reply 67
Breakfast:
It depends on what is in the house. Usually I would have cereal (Coco Pocs or Museli) maybe porridge. Sometimes I will have a pancake, toast or crossaint.

Lunch:
When I am at home I often have a prawn roll with lettuce or beans on toast. However, when I am at school I may bring pasta, sandwich, cereal bar, fruit (banana, apple, grapes, cherries etc) and crisps. I never buy lunch from the school canteen, so I have to rely on mother.

Snacks:
It depends on if I am feeling healthy or not! If I'm conscious and hungry I will just have a piece of fruit. However, if I'm in one of those moods where I just don't care I'd be rebellious and have chocolate.

Dinner:
It entirely depends on what my mum is cooking. Sometimes she is very nice and makes me a salad for starters. However every Friday we have fish and chips (from Sainsburys, not a chip shop).

I would like to be healthier though! If I am completely honest, I just don't have the patience of going through nutrition books etc. So as long as I am relatively healthy and do enough exercise then there really isn't any problem. Just to put things into perspective I am just over 5ft 9 and I am a size 12.

Exercise-

- I try to go for a brisk-walk everyday: around 3/4 miles. I've been lazy recently and tend to make up excuses :colondollar: However I am going away in 3 weeks so that will be my motivation
- Pilates every night
- Swimming occassionally

Thankfully, my parents are going to renew our David Lloyd membership.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest