The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Wanting to study at Northumbria? Any questions? Ask here.

Scroll to see replies

I am looking at accommodation and was wondering what halls are considered to be the most 'loud' 'fun' 'party' accommodation.
I am also on a budget under £100 (p/w) (if possible)
Opinions on Glenamara House???
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Hi,

I'm currently going through the application process for Adult Nursing 2013 at Northumbria. I've been interviewed and received an email telling me that I have been short listed for the selection event in December - yeah! Would you be able to shine any light on when this selection event might take place please? I presume it would have to be mid-month due to Xmas. I'm praying it's good news as it's my birthday in mid December and bad news for both that and Xmas would be absolutely rubbish!
Any help would be greatly appreciated. :smile:
Original post by edenrobinson
I am looking at accommodation and was wondering what halls are considered to be the most 'loud' 'fun' 'party' accommodation.
I am also on a budget under £100 (p/w) (if possible)
Opinions on Glenamara House???

It sounds like Glenamara will be the best option for you as it has the rep as the biggest 'party hall'. Some of the ensuites also have a rep for it but they're over £100pw so you might be best applying early and putting Glenamara followed by other non-ensuites and then just hoping for Glenamara.

Wherever you get put there's sure to be someone wanting to party, if not then knock on the other doors and find people who do.
Original post by Carleneuk
Hi,

I'm currently going through the application process for Adult Nursing 2013 at Northumbria. I've been interviewed and received an email telling me that I have been short listed for the selection event in December - yeah! Would you be able to shine any light on when this selection event might take place please? I presume it would have to be mid-month due to Xmas. I'm praying it's good news as it's my birthday in mid December and bad news for both that and Xmas would be absolutely rubbish!
Any help would be greatly appreciated. :smile:

Hi Carleneuk

The selection event usually takes place around mid December. However, this is not set in stone and could be a little earlier or a little later. We will be in contact with you as soon as we know.

Kind Regards
Danny
Northumbria University
Original post by Starynight1995
Hey!

I really want to go to this University, i'm applying for either:

Early Years and Disability Studies BA (Hons)
Childhood Studies and Disability Studies BA (Hons)

I enquired about work experience because it doesn't mention it on course information and they replied 'Whilst there are no formal placement as part of these courses, students are offered the opportunity to take part in various schemes such as “Students into Schools” which would give you experience in a primary school classroom.' For the PGCE i'm planning on taking after my 3 year course I MUST have work experience. Anybody else who's taken one of these courses know that it is 100% sure I will get in to somekind of work experience placement through these schemes? or is it just a chance?

Please and thankyou!

Work placements aren't 100% guaranteed unfortunately. We have links with potential employers and frequently run employment fairs. but it's generally up to the student to secure their placements. We will guide you the best way to apply and strive to link you with potential employers. We also run employment fairs throughout the year and have an online employment board that employers post positions to. I hope this answers your question, please feel free to reply if you have any further questions on the matter.

Kind regards
Danny
Northumbria University
Original post by Northumbria University
Hi Carleneuk

The selection event usually takes place around mid December. However, this is not set in stone and could be a little earlier or a little later. We will be in contact with you as soon as we know.

Kind Regards
Danny
Northumbria University

Thanks for the information Danny, but I found out on Thursday that I have a place starting in March :smile:
Original post by Carleneuk
Thanks for the information Danny, but I found out on Thursday that I have a place starting in March :smile:

Well Done! We look forward to seeing you then!

Kind Regards
Danny
Northumbria University
Original post by Northumbria University
Well Done! We look forward to seeing you then!

Kind Regards
Danny
Northumbria University

Thank you! I look forward to joining you :smile:
Hi,
I have applied for adult nursing and had my interview on the 5th nov. Got email to request a reference which I sent of. Was wondering if there had been anymore decision on when the selection event will be? And will you find out straight away after it or have to wait a while? Don't want to get my hopes up that il find out either way soon. :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest