The Student Room Group

May have failed DiDA, can't take ICT AS

Hello, my name is Mike, and this is my first post here, and I registered for this specific reason, although it probably seems like I'll carry on posting here.

Well, I come here because I'm in a bit of a problem. My school "specializes in ICT and maths" and so they run DiDA and BTEC ICT courses instead of ICT GCSEs, and I think it's a load of *******s (I hope that's filtered, you get the idea) and I wasted my time doing this and I've probably failed it. I haven't actually got the results yet, but I'm sure I've failed (if not, it's a miracle.)

The only problem is, that anyone who has failed their DiDA can't do ICT AS, which I just think is pathetic, as in my opinion DiDA has nothing to do with ICT AS at all (in DiDA, we made publications about e-safety and organized an event for the school, my only problem with it is that it's marked not only for how well it's prevented, but the content in such documents as well, which has nothing to do with computers at all)

I need some advice, what to do, and what to tell my parents, because they'll be livid... My other choice is to choose economics at AS level and go into accounting or something similar.
Reply 1
**** ICT do maths, Trust me at As it's a bunch of ****. The coursework for DiDA is really similar to the Coursework at As but it's only worth 40% it's pretty much marked in the same way as DiDA coursework. Have you thought about doing computing instead?
Reply 2
Original post by Waltzinblack
Hello, my name is Mike, and this is my first post here, and I registered for this specific reason, although it probably seems like I'll carry on posting here.

Well, I come here because I'm in a bit of a problem. My school "specializes in ICT and maths" and so they run DiDA and BTEC ICT courses instead of ICT GCSEs, and I think it's a load of *******s (I hope that's filtered, you get the idea) and I wasted my time doing this and I've probably failed it. I haven't actually got the results yet, but I'm sure I've failed (if not, it's a miracle.)

The only problem is, that anyone who has failed their DiDA can't do ICT AS, which I just think is pathetic, as in my opinion DiDA has nothing to do with ICT AS at all (in DiDA, we made publications about e-safety and organized an event for the school, my only problem with it is that it's marked not only for how well it's prevented, but the content in such documents as well, which has nothing to do with computers at all)

I need some advice, what to do, and what to tell my parents, because they'll be livid... My other choice is to choose economics at AS level and go into accounting or something similar.

Hi there,

I teach 11-19 year olds and have experience of teaching DiDA, A level ICT and Computing at Alevel.

Sorry to hear you feel you have done badly at DIDA what units did you do? And i assume your level 2? The ICT a level is a lot like DIDA in terms of coursework, although even less practical then DIDA! What are you planning to do after sixth form?

Gareth

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending