The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol 2012 applicants !

Scroll to see replies

Come on Biology department, YOU ARE SLOWLY KILLING ME! :/!
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by priyen747
anyone studying economics and finance and got an offer what are your grade requirements. any info would be much appreciated

i got an offer yesterday after about 3 weeks for economics and accounting which is a similar subject, AAB was the offer with AB in C3 and C4.
So now I've seen they've started history offers I'm checking my emails about every 5 seconds D:
I got an offer for philosophy and politics yesterday!!! It's such a perfect course, I'm very, very pleased, and very suprised.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by spyda666
i got an offer yesterday after about 3 weeks for economics and accounting which is a similar subject, AAB was the offer with AB in C3 and C4.

That's the lower end of the grade boundary right? What were your AS grades if you don't mind me asking? :smile:
Reply 1045
Original post by dancinginrainbows

I got an offer for philosophy and politics yesterday!!! It's such a perfect course, I'm very, very pleased, and very suprised.

Hey when did you send of your application?
Original post by JPKC
Hey when did you send of your application?

12th of October :smile:
Applying for Pharmacology! anyone else??:smile:
Reply 1048
Has anyone who has applied for the maths and stats course heard back from Bristol yet ???
Original post by spyda666

thanks i was just wondering as i got an offer for A*AA just if anyone received a lower offer :smile:
Reply 1050

12th of October :smile:

I'm relieved. I'm hoping I've not heard anything yet because I sent off (for Bristol) over a month later than that! :smile:
Computer Science offer - AAA , This will be my firm.
Original post by Alice...:)

[QUOTE=Alice...[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];35227307]If by a holding email you mean the annoying one saying they probably won't get back to you until january, that's me!
Bristol is my favourite so I'll die if they reject me :frown:

no i havent got anything!!! its so annoying!
I'm very confused by Bristol, I got an e-mail earlier saying my application was still under consideration and may not be processsed until after jan 15th blah blah blah - I then noticed the link to the Bristol website vip thing so signed in to see what it was and read a bit about it to, which I was greeted by a message saying i'd, regretfully, been rejected by the university for my application in Biochemistry So i was a bit upset and awaited an update from UCAS. nothing came through so i've just checked the Bristol website again and the message saying i've been rejected has disappeared..
Reply 1054
Got an email today saying they were considering my application, with the opportunity to sign onto the 'VIP' section for info about open days etc. As soon as I signed onto the website they apologise but say they can't offer me a place on the course and my application wasn't successful. Absolutely gutted. Just waiting for track to be updated, but what a weird system to reject somebody - within an hour of sending an email with 'considering your application' on. Argh.

EDIT: After seeing Legendrew's status, I checked again and my 'rejection' has also disappeared. WTF?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by linney
Got an email today saying they were considering my application, with the opportunity to sign onto the 'VIP' section for info about open days etc. As soon as I signed onto the website they apologise but say they can't offer me a place on the course and my application wasn't successful. Absolutely gutted. Just waiting for track to be updated, but what a weird system to reject somebody - within an hour of sending an email with 'considering your application' on. Argh.

EDIT: After seeing Legendrew's status, I checked again and my 'rejection' has also disappeared. WTF?

That's weird! Where on your VIP section was the rejection? There's nothing personal at all on mine and I'm scared I've got a rejection and can't see it!
It appeared at the very bottom of the main page that loads up once you sign in. I fell like they're toying with my emotions =(
Reply 1057
Original post by Katie_Saint
That's weird! Where on your VIP section was the rejection? There's nothing personal at all on mine and I'm scared I've got a rejection and can't see it!

Here's what it said, still loaded up on the phone thank god.
I'm not going to get my hopes up again that I've got an offer, but still, this is all very strange.
Original post by linney

Here's what it said, still loaded up on the phone thank god.
I'm not going to get my hopes up again that I've got an offer, but still, this is all very strange.

Word for word what I got too other than the name of the course =/ strange
Reply 1059
Original post by rachbeanz
im waiting for just spanish and bristol is my top choice. worried :s

Don't panic :smile: I was ****tting myself, but maybe not many people want to do politics and spanish, haha!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending