The Student Room Group

MSc Software Engineering Vs Computer Science (Conversion) advice needed.

Hi all

I would just like some advice from anyone who has completed a software engineering masters degree. I have applied to a few unis for this course and I would like to hear about some personal experiences.

Basically I want to know if it is necessary to have the theoretical knowledge gained from a computer science undergrad in order to be successful with this type of course. Do all the algorithmics really make a difference to your level of understanding? I'm coming from a non computer science background, but I have covered modules in OOP with Java and some C programming during my undergrad.

My other question is would it be more beneficial career wise to pursue a computer science conversion course instead of software engineering at masters level? Has anyone on here completed the conversion course? What was it like? Which masters would I get more mileage out of if I'm pursuing a career as a software engineer? Computer science conversion or software engineering?

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope your opinions are informative.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending